MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Heer Dagger. Real or Fake and Value

Article about: Hello to all, Recently I obtained a German heer dagger and did some research on different sites and I still can't figure out if it's real or fake. I can't take it apart. The pommel is stuck.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Sjizzle View Post
    Thanks for all your help and advise.

So can I use simichrome with just a tissue paper or paper towel or.....
    And than some WD40 on it again?

Marty
    Do NOT but WD40 on a blade. just keep it dry and in a stable environment. Take it out and wipe it down ever once in a while with a cotton cloth. And always wipe it down after handling to remove oils from fingers.

Wait a bit on the simichrome. I've never used it but some here have and should be able to give you advice on how (or if) to use it on your blade.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Heer Dagger. Real or Fake and Value
    P
    Many

You can use simichrome but, I would recommend a product called Autosol above that.
    If you do use either of them, use a soft cloth instead of any kind of paper.
    Do not apply any kind of oil as it will attract dust, which will attract moisture.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Do NOT but WD40 on a blade. just keep it dry and in a stable environment. Take it out and wipe it down ever once in a while with a cotton cloth. And always wipe it down after handling to remove oils from fingers.

Wait a bit on the simichrome. I've never used it but some here have and should be able to give you advice on how (or if) to use it on your blade.

That is IMO not the best advise to maintane a blade.

I use WD40 for years and years and it realy is the best way to get it in better shape., i have had hundreds of daggers and i know what im talking about.

Use it this way and i assure you the blade will be in way better shape then it is now.
    Spray WD40 and let its stay for 3 days, the take a cloth and remove the WD40, in many ways you see it turned a bit brown, thats the rust residu that WD40 dissolved, WD40 will never harm the blade as long as you dont let it on it for years and years.
    In that case the WD40 can vaporise and leave water residu behind, that will make those watermarks on blades.

Just put it on for a couple of days and remove it, keep this doing for a couple of months and you will see results.
    If you use WD40 or balistol make sure you remove it every 6 months and renew it, put a small film and dont use it extensively when its to conserve a blade.

Ger

BTW Peter is of course correct with his determination of the Alcoso Type 3

MAP
    ?

Ger,

I will of course defer to your advice and opinion given your far greater experience with blades.

My advice is based on talking to other long term blade collectors
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I can understand that, as stated if you let them in the scabbard with lots of oil for a decade the oil dries up and water is an oil residu and will destroy the blade.
    so there is a warning there thats based upon facts.
    if you wipe the clean once or twice a year the blade will only benefit....

Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2