Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Glass F.W Holler

Article about: Hello Everyone I would like to share a recent addition to my collection. Cheers Mario [ATTACH CONFIG]903780[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]903781[/ATTACH

Default Glass F.W Holler

Hello Everyone
    I would like to share a recent addition to my collection.

Cheers
    Mario

Glass F.W Holler[ATTACH
    CONFIG]903780[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]903781[/ATTACH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Glass F.W Holler   Glass F.W Holler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Glass F.W Holler
    P
    Many

Top quality example, stunning condition.

?

Beautiful dagger! It seems Höller is one of the makers that used this type of grip relatively often. I've seen several of these grips on Höller armies over the last few months.

Danny

Nice Mario..love the specs inside the glass.

I have always wondered what moved an officer to purchase a glass grip prone to being cracked..chipped or broken. I know maybe for the same reasons of Ivory grips..or trying to be hot shot officer..with a cool grip. Yet if it was me...I would want a cushy office job..and not on the front lines with this type of grip. Still its a nice piece of candy to look at.

Love all the digits on the logo too. Nice. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well I am wondering if this grip was ever white! Most collectors agree that all army grips were once white. But how about this material? Would love to hear some thoughts.

Danny

Mario
    Beautiful orange juice glass grip nice addition to your army collection.
    Danny
    I often wondered if these were made to resemble Amber. They made artificial Ivory grips so did they make artificial Amber grips? We all know how the Germans loved Amber
    Last edited by T Kendall; 11-15-2015 at 05:59 PM.

?

Exactly what I was thinking Tom! I think we can call this artificial amber.

Danny

Most Army Dagger grips were made with material called Trolon, the term used at times {celluloid}
    There are shell over-wood base grip type... Shell/Plaster filled grip type and Solid type, These three types were the most common types.
    Glass/Amber Grips are rarely seen, mostly seen in the orange color , yellow is also out there. Glass/Amber were made of a harder material, Which made them brittle.
    Which I believe the Glass/Amber along with Ivory artificial Ivory and Ivory grip were all optional grips.
    IMO the first two types grips types was found normally in white, were as the solid material Trolon was not, time and light caused them to take on there own characteristic change in tone, based on the material used to make them.
    I am sure most you guys know this, just putting my two cents in
    [/ATTACH]Glass F.W Holler.[ATTACH=CONFIG]904242
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Glass F.W Holler  

Most know..but info like this is always welcome for the new collector Thankyou Mario for posting the grip differences. The forum is grateful for the Teachers of advanced knowledge on this subject. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

As a side note it’s interesting the Holler has a WKC scabbard. I also believe all grips started as white (for now) the wood and plaster cores did not change color due to the different composition of the outer material. Here is a few pics for your guys files note the Luftwaffe’s on the wall one is a white grip the other is not and the army well…

Glass F.W Holler

Glass F.W Holler

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast