Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Glass handled daggers......

Article about: .....has anyone got one or more? If so, please post them!

?

Default Glass handled daggers......

.....has anyone got one or more? If so, please post them!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Glass handled daggers......
    P
    Many

Default Re: Glass handled daggers......

Here are (3) of mine LEFT to RIGHT F.W. Holler ............. Unmarked (in wittman's army book)............Eikhorn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Glass handled daggers......  

?

Dave - Nice

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Very nice indeed
    cheers Ronnie

?

Wow very very nice!
    Thx for showing, very rare to find now a days

cheers Ger

?

Lovely daggers sir.

Thanks for all your compliments,hope to see others show some different colors............Dave H

These are in Great condition Dave! No cracks or chipping! Those who collect these types know the grips become brittle over the years so displaying or handling them ,, one must be careful. I cant imagine the amount of tightness that was used to secure the pommel cap to the top of the grip without it cracking!! I would like to see a few ivory grips also. below are a few pics of a superb glass gripped army,, These photos and dagger belong to GDC member "Spock" which for reference purposes I would like to take a closer look at the grip itself. You will see in the 3rd photo the little red specks within the glass which is a common sight with these type grips. There are color variances in these grips as you can see in Daves and Spocks examples. A rarity to find these and worth alot more money. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Glass handled daggers......   Glass handled daggers......  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello
    I am new to the forum. I found it some time ago, but then lost track of it. It seems like a friendly place, and it is always a pleasure to share with others who hold the same interests.
    I have been collecting for many years, but now have reduced my field to edged weapons and awards of pre 1945 Germany. I am not very computer literate, so it took a while to figure out how to post photos. I have photographed only a small portion of my collection, but I am working on cataloging my items as time permits. It is a pleasure to share some of the photos, and I hope I can contribute to the forum in other ways in the future.

Here are two of my glass gripped Heer daggers. The first is a Holler, the second a Max Weyersberg. Larry is absolutely correct, these are extremely difficult to find in undamaged condition. It is a disadvantage when collecting only undamaged items.

Wolfgang

Glass handled daggers......Glass handled daggers......Glass handled daggers......Glass handled daggers......

As Larry requested, here are some ivory grips.
    First an Alcoso "Eisenkopf", dagger with iron guard. The grip is cracked, but to me that is ok with ivory grips.

Next another Alcoso "Slant Grip". These are extremely rare. The Ivory has more patina than the photographs show, but fortunately no cracks.

Glass handled daggers......Glass handled daggers......

And finally a Voos with etched blade. Unfortunately the closeup of the grip, and the composite photo with other here daggers are all I have for now. This grip is in fine condition, with minimal discolouration.

Glass handled daggers......Glass handled daggers......

I love ivory grips. It would be great to see some additional photos posted. It is always a joy to see these things.

Wolfgang
    Last edited by wolfeknives; 09-11-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast