Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Dagger

Article about: Hi everyone, This came into one of the local shops lately, and I'm pretty interested in it. I only had time for a few quick pictures, and can grab some more tomorrow if needed. The knot is b

Default Heer Dagger

Hi everyone,

This came into one of the local shops lately, and I'm pretty interested in it. I only had time for a few quick pictures, and can grab some more tomorrow if needed. The knot is badly frayed, and the handle is loose as well. Opinions?

In my haste I didn't snap a picture of the whole dagger and scabbard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Dagger   Heer Dagger  

Heer Dagger   Heer Dagger  

Heer Dagger   Heer Dagger  

Heer Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Dagger

It looks to be an early Alcoso guard pattern. I am not sure if the maker's mark matches the time period of the guard. The blade has some condition issues. In this condition, I would not be willing to pay more than about $300. -$350.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree with Ralph. Good original item. All boils down to price now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the replies, guys. Yeah I though he was asking a bit much for it to begin with - $435. I'm going to offer half of that and go from there. I'm just happy it is original

It's a shame, the dagger is in such poor condition. It is a textbook piece. I wouldn't go any high than $250,000 for it.