Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Heer dagger

Article about: Hi, I have the possibility to buy a luftwaffe dagger from a Polish contact. The price he has set is 850 Euro. I so love this dagger but would like to know if this is a reasonable price and w

Default Heer dagger

Hi,

I have the possibility to buy a luftwaffe dagger from a Polish contact. The price he has set is 850 Euro. I so love this dagger but would like to know if this is a reasonable price and what more you could say about this dagger.

Thanks,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer dagger   Heer dagger  

Heer dagger   Heer dagger  

Heer dagger  
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-02-2016 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Edited title.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dagger
    P
    Many

Hello,
    This is not a Luftwaffe dagger, it is a Heer dagger. It does appear that it has been apart as the maker's mark is not normally on the front of the blade. Others here are knowledgeable enough to tell you if this has the correct cross guard or pommel as well as the band and the scabbard.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

the handle doesn't have correct fit to the crossguard

At near $1000 USD you can get a super good condition one from a reputable dealer.

I would walk away from this one friend
    General P

?

I agree with my fellow forum members.
    At that price one red flag is to many.

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    the handle doesn't have correct fit to the crossguard

General P
    I am not sure what you are talking about? If you are referring to the part of the handle where I have put a red arrow, this in not abnormal for Heer daggers for the grip to overhang the band. If this is not what you are talking about, please show me what you mean.
    Ralph.

Heer dagger
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

that's what I meant ralph. it just stuck out to me as looking weird. sorry for the bad call on that one

Gen P

It's an Eickhorn type 4 crossguard, the most common from that maker. If not messed with and otherwise correct (and assuming others don't spot more subtle issues with the parts) this one would probably fetch IMO about $600 on the collector to collector market. It's way overpriced, especially if messed with.

I hope I'm wrong, but closeups of the scabbard shows blobs of metal. Take a close look at the rings and bands. That doesn't sit right with me. They would have used this pattern late in the war though, perhaps an example of lax late war craftsmanship? Would be disappointing from a maker like Eickhorn if true.

?

I hope I'm wrong, but closeups of the scabbard shows blobs of metal. Take a close look at the rings and bands. That doesn't sit right with me. They would have used this pattern late in the war though, perhaps an example of lax late war craftsmanship? Would be disappointing from a maker like Eickhorn if true.[/QUOTE]

Looks like normal wear and tear to me.

?

This set is not worth the 850 euro asked.
    the Dagger has been opened and has not been properly put together, the maker mark is now on the front side and the portepee has the rope on the right side of the grip instead of the left side, portepee wire has a lot of wear, and the hanger has lost a lot of its silver threads/colour.
    Then again i cant make up the condition of the blade, thats the most important part of this common 4th type Eickhorn.
    The Scabbard lost some plating on the back too.
    Max price in Europe would be 475 euro in this condition, i would not pay a penny more for this set.

Regards
    Ger