Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Dagger Alcoso

Article about: I agree with Tom & Degens, replaced scabbard but the dagger itself is a decent Alcoso. Ger

Default Heer Dagger Alcoso

Hey everyone. The seller of this dagger and I have come to an agreement for me to purchase this army dagger. I just told him I was going to take a day to do a little homework. Any red flags here? This one isn't perfect but the blade hasn't been sharpened or damaged. The handle looks pretty great as well. Do you think the scabbard could clean up? Thank you!Heer Dagger AlcosoHeer Dagger AlcosoHeer Dagger AlcosoHeer Dagger AlcosoHeer Dagger AlcosoHeer Dagger Alcoso

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger Alcoso
    P
    Many

Hi Naptime..you wisely Chose well..in telling the seller you needed a day to research..and bringing it here..and within a day you will recieve the answers you need. IMO it appears to be Ok. The ferrule ring border closest to the crossguard for some reason looks a little bent up..and gives me the impression that the dagger was opened..to add or trade off a part. That border should be straight and flush.especially in that position of where its at. The grip looks brand spanking new..which may explain..my thoughts on the ferrule ring...but yet that grip as new as it is..does not match the condition of the rest of the dagger. The crossguard appears authentic..but not sure if it belongs.....The rest of the details..wait to hear from the Heer gents. They can see through walls when it comes to these dagger types. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 06-21-2014 at 02:28 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Is the portepee included or not? Pictures show it with and without, and i'd want it in with the agreed price.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you for the information. Yes, the portepee is included although it's not in great shape. Probably adds another $40-50 value but is part of the deal.

I like the pommel and crossguard typical Alcoso. Now the scabbard looks out of place to me I would like to see double flat head screws on this vintage - scabbard is a later type looks to be Eickhorn or a generic type and from my recollection not a type Alcoso used based on the scabbard bands .

Tom what are your thoughts on Ferrule ring..being a little mishaped on the bottom?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I can't tell if the ferrule is Bent or if it's simply the patina spotting that makes it Look like it is. I also doubt that the sheath will clean up and would not recommend it. The grip looking new is also a concern of mine as well. It may well just be a happy coincidence, but I wouldn't bet the bank on it. It looks to me like a put together mis-match. Personally, I get the impression that this Alcoso has been too seriously messed with and I would pass on it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I agree with Tom, that Generic scabbard looks out of place.

Here are a few extra photos...Heer Dagger AlcosoHeer Dagger AlcosoHeer Dagger AlcosoHeer Dagger Alcoso

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Tom what are your thoughts on Ferrule ring..being a little mishaped on the bottom?
    Larry I can not tell the pictures are not that sharp.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast