Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Heer dagger Alcoso with factory tag

Article about: Hi Guys, I would like to show you my last addition to my collection. I hope you will like this Alcoso dagger with factory tag. Only one question: dagger is marked AWS (last maker mark) and f

?

Default Heer dagger Alcoso with factory tag

Hi Guys,
    I would like to show you my last addition to my collection. I hope you will like this Alcoso dagger with factory tag. Only one question: dagger is marked AWS (last maker mark) and factory tag is marked ACS. Is it correct? Was it usual procedure to put earlier factory tag on it? Does anybody have the same? Any opinion is welcome.
    Mike

Heer dagger Alcoso with factory tagHeer dagger Alcoso with factory tagHeer dagger Alcoso with factory tagHeer dagger Alcoso with factory tagHeer dagger Alcoso with factory tagHeer dagger Alcoso with factory tagHeer dagger Alcoso with factory tag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dagger Alcoso with factory tag
    P
    Many

Hi Mike ..dagger all appears to be late construction ...the question about the tag logo combination will have to be answered by the Heer Gents . nice high lift cross guard and condition. Cool militaria

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello, dagger came from aukro.cz And of course factory Tag is not correct for this dagger. Despite the fact dagger is in good condition it shows some use during the period. Just look closely at the back site of crossguard. And now tell me, who will wear dagger with its tag? When you buy jeans in shop, first think which you do is to remove tag

Ok, now lets go back to dagger, many collectors believe That this last type of crossguard was introduced afther the Alcoso was arianized. Alcoso just switch name to Alexander Werke, so that is why you have AWS instead of ACS logo on blade. I also think that Alcoso even change its tags. But, I also have to say that previous Alcoso marker mark - ACS is also correct for this dagger type. Alcoso just have few blades in stock and put them also with this dagger. I already have two this daggers but both with ACS markings, just se my thread on top of this Heer section.

But again, in my opinion this tag is not for this exact dagger. But for earlyer type 3.

?

Thank you for help, nice explanation. I will try to return it. I was looking for unused dagger with tag.
    Mike

Mike why return dagger? It is nice textbook Alcoso in much much better condition than I have. It is quite rare dagger and not easy to find. I know that tag is little out of place, but just put it away for dagger which will be match. If you don't pay too much - I did not see the result price of auction, it is not a big problem, still a nice dagger. But I also know how some auctions ends on aukro - sometimes you have to pay two times higher prices, but sometimes you can find dagger for few euros.

Peter

?

Peter,
    final price was 720,-Us(approx. 680,-eur). Do you think it was a good price? Thank you.
    Mike

If you add the knot and the hangers separately, then the Alcoso dagger Set in such near mint condition could easily total up to $720 and quite probably more. Even the Tag is worth a good price by itself.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Mike,

well the final price 680 € is little bit high for dagger like that. Sometimes I pay much more for Army daggers, because I just like them and just I have to add them into my collection, so don´t be sad. In my opinion, you can keep the dagger. Prices on aukro start to be crazy and only very few authentic daggers show during the year.

Peter

Desirability sometimes helps us make that decision to purchase at an above market value.

Each one of these daggers are one of a kind. Because of them being preowned. I sometimes have made the mistake of passing on a dagger because it was above market value. Then there is the ridiculously over priced that tells us flat out no!

I Agree with Peter's thoughts on the dagger and it's desirability.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi guys,
    thank you for all reply and finally I decided to keep this dagger. It is really in perfect condition with hangers and knot and tag (as Wagriff wrote selling it separately or buying would be maybe more expensive) and as Peter wrote the situation in auction portal is becoming harder. From 5 things you buy there 4 are returned because of bad description trying to hide something or are fakes and some prices are too high that even with tax is better to buy it abroad.
    Mike