Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer dagger Alcoso "High lift" crossguard

Article about: There are a few good points given here in the replies by Vedran, Peter and Wolfgang. If you want to stay on the save side of the line, and dont want any questions about the dagger when you w

?

There are a few good points given here in the replies by Vedran, Peter and Wolfgang.
    If you want to stay on the save side of the line, and dont want any questions about the dagger when you want to sell it or trade it then its easy: Only collect Textbook daggers.

If you want to go deeper into the material, or collect just a few makers, then i can foresee you have to step besides the common paths of Textbook daggers.

So its your pick here....
    but looking at the time period and the patina on the piece my opinion is thats its a time Original.

Regards,
    Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dagger Alcoso "High lift" crossguard
    P
    Many

thanks a lot guys...very happy to know your opinions

?

I completely agree with Ger. The dagger that is shown could be manufactured this way. Although I have seen Alcoso daggers with a generic scabbard before, for me it is not a textbook piece. The textbook configuration with the "high lift" crossguard would be an Alcoso scabbard with single screw on the back and the late trademark (like the one shown). If the price is right you can choose the buy a non-textbook dagger but like Ger said, it will need some explanation when you want to sell of trade.

Danny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2