Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer Dagger Challenge

Article about: I just witnessed on pgs 24 and 25 of Tom Johnsons , large pictorial reference of Heer daggers that , The Producer Robert Klaas has produced an unspecified amount of daggers with "Wire w

Just found this on the WAF and the guy on there says he has written proof (from Klass) about them producing them, hope this helps ,
    cheers Ronnie

Opinions needed on Dress Dagger. - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Dagger Challenge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger Challenge
    P
    Many

?

Shame they did not use a Klass cross-guard as well then . That's an Eickhorn

Just read the post and seeing as it was DJR talking about the Klaas paperwork I take back my humorous snipe. Still not convinced myself though, its going to one of those decisions that every collector is going to have to decide for himself methinks.

Jon I agree if that dagger is Klaas marked there’s a problem DJR doesn’t collect any more but I remember seeing the letter it was on Klaas company letter head and was posted on the internet at some point. I don’t know if it belonged to DJR or he just had a copy of it. Either way not a configuration I am chomping at the bit to add to my collection.

?

There is a good post here > Wire Wrap that still exists surprisingly. Even back here the subject of wire wraps is contentious, but worth a read for anybody that is interested.
    Somebody certainly believes the story ^.

I will stir the pot a little ...... So then why dont we see more of these..and what kind of production run was there of this wire wrap type....or these were special order?
    No Disrespect to the Original poster...or were a limited amount run..and are hiding in collections today?

Quoted from the GDC Thread - "the wire wrapping was an option available from their firm available until 1938" ( End quote )
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

As stated back in 2010 Larry, many wire wrapped daggers started appearing out of the woodwork after this letter was published, some even using a copy of the original letter as so called authenticity. I would be more concerned by the Generic scabbard matched with the early Klass hilt fittings than I would be about the wire wrap on the Johnson dagger.......but that's just me!

Got to admit though they do look cool

Degens, I agree hardily that the example shown is all Eickhorn! Klaas never even used "springy" wire on any of their daggers! This debate just gets fishier when you see examples like that represented as the real deal.. Kevin.

Here is mine photo of "upgraded" Holler dagger. This is very bad

Dagger was offered on one auction, but if I remember nobody want it....

Regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Dagger Challenge  

Lovely wire on that one Peter
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2