Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer Dagger - E. Pack (Siegfried Waffen)

Article about: Hello folks. I've compared this E. Pack 3rd type to the examples in Heeresdolche, and it looks overall correct to me. Looks like an example of the aluminum crossguard. While I've seen fittin

?

#scott#
    Makes me wonder if the hand detailing styles evolved throughout the war

No Scott it just stopped, you will find these nice enhancements on the early ones, closer to war they just didnt had time to do this....other priorities.....

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 03-17-2017 at 09:11 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger - E. Pack (Siegfried Waffen)
    P
    Many

New photos on first post of the thread!

Thanks to all who have looked, and a big thanks to Ger for his expertise and for putting together Heeresdolche to help beginners like me piece together what we need to look at, and to understand why.

Video showing the crossguard wiggle for those interested in what that note was talking about.

https://youtu.be/XrY6MEXVUIs

These daggers,have to be the toughest to collect ..but the door of possibility is left wide open as none of us worked in these factories back then to actually see what exactly was going on and any changes made to form molds .
    All we have are the great minds that have built this Heer.Forum and have contributed greatly to history and hobby globally on other related forums.

It also must be taken into consideration with this open door.. That between period catalogs and what has,been found common to that particular producer..are the only truths found today.

Once a,dagger is found that has the producer type fitting but a,different enhancement..the next level of study evolves and its either wrong or a,rare usage type. ..and with Heer daggers, .there are rare variants with certain producers .

I don't speak for this dagger Scott has shown ..I leave that to the Heer Minds ... I speak of unfound possibilities that to this day that still surface in this hobby and kept in thought. Just keeping hope alive and the foirum is grateful for the Heer Gents of Tom,Gerrit ,Danny and Kevin Heers68.

It could be a Monday morning production piece also

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

And as we study and learn we encounter pieces that have never been seen or described in books before.
    Danny encountered a complete new early first pattern crossguard on a Slant, i came accross a Pack Crossguard that has been enhanced on a way we never seen before...so new discoveries are made each year.

Regards
    Ger
    Heer Dagger - E. Pack (Siegfried Waffen)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2