MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Dagger Help

Article about: Hey guys, I found a guy who had this dagger for sale and I was hoping to pick it up. Can anyone perhaps give it a look over and let me know if it is the real deal. I have never bought one be

Default Heer Dagger Help

Hey guys, I found a guy who had this dagger for sale and I was hoping to pick it up. Can anyone perhaps give it a look over and let me know if it is the real deal. I have never bought one before so I am brand new to daggers. He said the handle was a little sun discolored on one side from being in a display forever. He also said that someone somewhere must have taken the handle off and out it on incorrectly causing the slight damage as shown. He was asking $550 or a trade on one of my Luftwaffe helmets and I wouldn't know if that was a fair asking price or if I am perhaps being taken. Any opinions would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Dagger Help   Heer Dagger Help  

Heer Dagger Help   Heer Dagger Help  

Heer Dagger Help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger Help
    P
    Many

Sorry, I see my typo. He was asking $550 on it.

Quote by JerryB52 View Post
    Sorry, I see my typo. He was asking $550 on it.
    With that damage??? Good luck to him I say....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

CBH
    ?

Looks real to me , but the broken handle will effect the value greatly . The dagger knot is trying to hide the problem if you asked me . I'd check dealers for what a broken handle Army is going for these days . Good luck

?

$550 is way too much for a dagger in this condition. Not only is the grip badly dammaged. The blade has also seen better days. Could be the pictures but I don't see any crossgrain at all. Also the silvering on the back of the crossguard is almost completely gone. If you have some patience you can get a really nice army dagger for the amount he is asking.

Regards
    Danny
    Last edited by dr73; 09-08-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks guys, I'll keep looking. These don't seem to be very scarce. Wasn't really looking for one per say but it came up in another conversation so thought it would be a nice addition.

?

Quote by dr73 View Post
    $550 is way too much for a dagger in this condition. Not only is the grip badly dammaged. The blade has also seen better days. Could be the pictures but I don't see any crossgrain at all. Also the silvering on the back of the crossguard is almost completely gone. If you have some patience you can get a really nice army dagger for the amount he is asking.

Regards
    Danny
    +1
    i couldnt have said it any better.

Ger