MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Dagger Producers

Article about: Here is a list of known makers for the Heer dagger for reference purposes. All these makers I have personally verified to exist. I have a short list of a few other purported makers but I hav

Hi,
    Tom, I also saw these two producers in heeresdolch.com, so that is why I´m asking you for your opinion.
    Jon, your post is very interesting, I never saw Bismarck, Undine and Hack army daggers - so certainly they are extremely rare and almost impossible to find! I only saw several years ago Helbig army dagger, but I don´t have pictures of it...

Thanks a lot to all

Regards Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger Producers
    P
    Many

This thread is getting interesting. Jon my Heidelberg was Pack 1st fitted I sold it in a moment of weakness to a maker mark collector who said it was the first he had seen in 30 years it was minty as a early slant comes ! Of course my focus is the crossguards so I was able to let it go. I like and agree with your point of treading careful on some of these rare makers your right the whole package should and must make sense for me to have any interest. I think most serious army collectors can correlate the marks (time frame) and correctness of the fittings it’s mounted in so I agree do some research. These daggers have been around 75 years and in the old days collectors swapped parts as it was accepted back then.
    Ronnie - Drop me an email please tkendall@cableone.net
    Peter – I’m with you never have seen an Undine or Bismark The Helbig do you remember what fittings the one you saw had ? I have seen a few Hack but as Jon said you have to be careful with these makers.
    So I think we all agree the Ed Wusthof is questionable and should be removed the Alpina is a Kolping product and the Friedrichswerk I am leaning toward prodcer I found this on the Web
    Solingen/Germany by Friedrich Koch Solingen = FKS = Friedrichswerk Solingen
    Friedrichswerk Solingen has been making superior quality knives from 1859 until ca. 1975
    and was one of the famous Knife makers of Germany .
    Last edited by T Kendall; 04-22-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply, I´m sure that you have much more possibilities to see rare army dagger configuration than me If I find some nice army dagger in internet auction, or from another source (for example old house find) it is like little Christmas for me Now about Helbig dagger, I´m not sure, but I think it was 1st. E. Pack fittings, it was few years ago I did not take a picture of it After that I learn, that if you have a chance to buy RARE dagger - just buy it, maybe this chance never come again

Regards Peter

I have foto of Army Dagger with logo Kuno Ritter, Solinen

Great post Addy..the Heer Gents will want to study this one. Any possibility of close ups of the producers logo ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Great post Addy..the Heer Gents will want to study this one. Any possibility of close ups of the producers logo ?

Regards Larry
    Hi Larry i dont mind sharing some pics of the dagger overall, i beleive the fittings are gineric. The scabbard has seen better days but i have kept it original to the dagger.
    As i have just joined the forum im not too sure how to do a reply via pm so if you could either email or pm me i dont mind sending the rest of the pics of the blade.
    I will gets some pics together and put them up in the next hour

Regards
    Adam

Adam, That is a fairly convincing configuration for that Wusthof.. Like to see the blade tang? To the rare maker marks discussion, I would add that I have a picture of a Luft 2nd that I will look for that has a Boker MM blade.. so there could be a Heer out there! Kevin.

Impressive Kevin ...the forum would love to see the Boker.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Kevin i put my daggers away earlier on and dont have a pic of it on my pc. As far as im aware the tang on the wusthof looks like the tangs on my other mid period armies (untapered). What am i looking for on the tang??
    Over the years i have had a few big of the big names in the hobby look at this dagger and all like it, some made offers which i refused but all have liked it, the quality really is outstanding.

Regards
    Adam

?

Gents i was so very Lucky to find a G.Weyersberg army.
    This producer is on the list, but this was the first time i ever seen one.
    I will show the dagger in all its glory on my Heeresdolche thread later on.
    Its totally stone mint, frosty as can be, the blade is to die for!
    best
    Ger
    Heer Dagger ProducersHeer Dagger Producers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast