Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Dagger Question

Article about: I am back, lol. Now I know I said I would not do to much shopping for a little wile.....but, I was just asked if I would like to buy this dagger and I would like to know if this is real. I o

HDTony
    ?

Default Heer Dagger Question

I am back, lol. Now I know I said I would not do to much shopping for a little wile.....but, I was just asked if I would like to buy this dagger and I would like to know if this is real. I only have seen the picture and I am going to see it tomorrow afternoon. This is one of the men that I met at the local flee market and he e-mailed this to me with a price of $600. Being new and never paid so much for one item I am just being carefull. Any help would be wonderfull.

Thank you

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Dagger Question  
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Dagger Question 

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Heer Dagger Question

well tony this one has got me wondering i have looked at the picture it looks right to me. i have just been sitting here weighting for someone with more exp. in this to wright you back just to see if i am correct in what i am thinking. just a reinsurance that i am starting to look at different blades and tell real from fake. john

Hi Tony, you are going to need much better pics to get a realistic answer on this one.

Off hand, I would say it has possibilities.

The green knot does not belong with it. The silver knot and hangers are the correct type.

I think the price is all it's money and not a great bargain. Have a look around some dealer site to get an idea on pices being paid today.

Cheers, Ade.

HDTony
    ?

Thank you John for your input, It always means a lot to me.

Ade
    I agree with you, "possibilities" and I have no idea about the green knot. Looking at the posts here, there is a world of information and lots of pictures for us newbies. The blade looks unmarked and I did some looking around at the dealers here online and what they sell them for. The price us just a few hunderd under what they ask for them and I was checking on the hangers and the silver knot as I have never come across any. See now I do have a plan and you taught me well, I intend to make an offer a few hundred less, like around $400.00 and see what happens. The pictures are what he sent me in the e-mail and they are all I have right now.
    Thank you
    Tony

HDTony
    ?

I did pick it up and John stoped over and we took a few pictures.
    The blade does not have any marks so I beleive it is just a common dagger in very good condtition.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Dagger Question  Heer Dagger Question 

HDTony
    ?

A few more pictures

HDTony
    ?

Last two, the building flag belongs to John.

Tony

Hi Tony, I hope you got a good deal?

Experienced Heer dagger collectors will be able to tell the possible maker from the design of the crossguard eagle.

You can now have fun and tie the knot to the dagger

Cheers, Ade.

HDTony
    ?

Hi Ade

I think I got a fairly good deal but I used up the money I had aside for a camera. I did just as I said earler except I started at $300.00 to ge to 4. It has just a little crack at one of the curls, right side. And John was a big help in taking the pictures of the parts. I do hope I showed enough of it.

Now the suprise, I looked and looked at the postings of Nick VR and his knott, even downloaded the picture. You know I had to try so here is a scan of what I did so far.
    Thank You
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Dagger Question  

Hi Tony, nice try, but you have it the wrong way around. The knot should hang on the left and the scabbard is the wrong way around too, the suspension rings should be on the right side.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast