Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Dagger for Review

Article about: And finally detail of the scabbard rings

?

Good spot by Peter, certainly looks like an ACS 3rd to me as well. Whoever put this dagger together knew what they were doing, very hard sometimes to distinguish between the Eick 2nd and ACS 3rd......clever but not clever enough.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger for Review
    P
    Many

Amazing knowledge here Gents...Bravo...these Heer daggers were so swapped out and parted around..it takes eyes like these here on this thread to weed it out. Hard to follow sometimes. Great thread!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This dagger does have a gorgeous grip - and for someone like myself,
    I wouldn't have known or cared about the differences, except
    when it came to price.

Is it possible that the original crossguard had been
    de-Nazified and replaced with another.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Very possible and probably the number one reason why you find cross-guards replaced. Personally I would much rather have the original left in place, it is not pretty to have the swastika and wreath missing or ground off but many people forget that most of the time this process was undertaken during or shortly after the end of the war by the soldiers who seized them as keepsakes. It is part of the daggers history to me!.

Quote by Degens View Post
    It is part of the daggers history to me!.
    Yes!!..that symbol is the reason why this dark period of history has taken place...some choose not to remember it..and remove it for 2 reasons IMO.....One being illegal after the war..the other being......." Horror"

To those who see these type of daggers without the Swaz symbol..have no clue of the dagger and think nothing of it..and just being another knife..but when the symbol is present on the crossguard..or pommel...that is when questions are asked. I abhor denazifiaction..on the grounds that history must be taught and not hidden..as dark and horrible as the time period was.

I absolutely agree also...that the symbol is a great part of the history in remembrance and study.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    Hello dear friends, this army dagger IS NOT GOOD, it is not early Eickhorn dagger. From these photos I can say that pommel seems to be Carl Eickhorn product, but I can´t see it because photo is bad. In my opinion this grip is not Eickhorn´s and crossguard also. Crossguard is ALCOSO 3rd. patent - Eickhorn never use this 3rd. Alcoso crossguard and Alcoso company never sold its own crossguard (I mean 3rd.) to other producers. Blade is product of Carl Eickhorn with 1935-1941 trademark. Scabbard is Eickhorn´s too.

So if you don´t want to add partial dagger into your collection DO NOT purchase it. Doug please find photos of Alcoso and Eickhorn daggers in this thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...ection-319419/ You can compare photos of C. Eickhorn and Alcoso 3rd. crossguards to your example and you will see what I´m talking about.

I hope my opinion helps.
    Best regards Peter
    Peter,
    thank you very much for your expert and informed opinion it is really helpful.
    The dagger is not expensive so I have agreed a sale with the seller based on the information that you have given.
    When it arrives I will post some better pictures and add it to this thread.
    Best regards
    Doug

Hi Doug, thanks for you kind comment, Army officer daggers are my main interest, so that is why I have to study this kind of edged weapons so much. And of course I have very good teacher - Mr. Jon, administrator and owner of wardaggers.com

Regards Peter

Hello Peter, Chaps,
    thank you all for your input so far.
    The dagger has arrived and following Peter's link to the Daggers forum it seems conclusive that the hilt is indeed an Alcoso 3rd pattern. I do note a few differences...miniscule ones but this may be down to the hand finishing after the thing has been cast.
    The Eickhorn blade is actually very nice......far better than the original pictures so I am quite pleased about that.
    Under are some goodish close ups. First up is a general viewMany thanks
    Doug

Heer Dagger for Review

Next is the pommel and that damned Alcoso hilt (looks like a dog to me)Heer Dagger for ReviewHeer Dagger for ReviewHeer Dagger for Review

Blade and Makers LogoHeer Dagger for ReviewHeer Dagger for Review

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast