Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer dagger spotted grip

Article about: hi all...i saw this spotted grip on a Heer dagger...what kind of chemical o physicalreaction can give this effect? ?? Thanks a lot Luca

Default Heer dagger spotted grip

hi all...i saw this spotted grip on a Heer dagger...what kind of chemical o physicalreaction can give this effect?
    Heer dagger spotted gripHeer dagger spotted grip??
    Thanks a lot
    Luca

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dagger spotted grip
    P
    Many

?

Measles ????

hahahha may be dangerous??)

Hi Luca..I have seen this before in other Heer examples..but your dagger shows it more prominently. Those specs are a reddish color..and sometimes seen in Glass grips. The Heer Guys when they see..it will be able to explain exactly what it is and the process. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 06-21-2014 at 11:14 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I've seen this before too, but have always ascribed it to too much sun exposure. At least that's what I've always heard, but I've never seen anything written about this.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

This anomaly has always been thought to be down to a poor trolon / resin mixture prior to casting the rods. Impurities or simply not enough mixing. It is quite rare and for me, quite desirable, as it adds a little something extra and looks totally unique.
    I have owned 3 like this one, 2 armies and a Luft and from memory I am pretty sure they were all late production.

Thanks a lot

- - ------- - -

Thanks a lot

?

Have seen this one up for sale on a forum i think 2 weeks ago, but its all in what you desire and its all about taste.
    IMO: Although not often seen its just a standard late grip but......with spots caused by impurity's (i think Degens is spot on)
    I rather go for the rarer early types, but he! thats just me

Cheers,
    Ger