Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Dagger unknown maker?

Article about: Hi, I have had this unmarked Heer dagger for a couple of years now but still can't ascertain who the maker is? I know the crossguard is a pack product and maybe the pommel too but then many

Default Heer Dagger unknown maker?

Hi,
    I have had this unmarked Heer dagger for a couple of years now but still can't ascertain who the maker is? I know the crossguard is a pack product and maybe the pommel too but then many manufacturers used their parts. I have seen several unmarked Holler examples with the same crossguard, pommel and two toned grip but not with this type of scabbard with these type of scabbard bands in a grey alloy which I believe are a known manufacturer type but I don't know who? Anyway it's fairly early from the look of the quality, silver plating and weight etc. the blade has most of it's crossgrain but I can't get a good photo of it. It came with it's original hangers and portepee. Any ideas of who could have made this dagger and when?
    Thanks, Andy.
    Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger unknown maker?
    P
    Many

I can not seem to nail down the identity of the crossguard..but EF Horster comes to mind.
    Not uncommon to find unmarked Heer daggers ..but let the Heer eyes attribute further on the identity of the fittings.

Gerrit or Danny will be able to identify a possible producer.

Regards Larry

Beautiful early slant grip btw
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry my good friend, this is not a slant grip.

This Pack type 3 crossguard in alu alloy and the alu pommel are common to find, they have been used by many producers.
    Its not a Höller type 4, as they do have that punched eye but have a wave pattern on the eagles brest.

the scabbard is a generic B type and common found on daggers like Herder etc.

No one can tell you which producer assembled this dagger.

Ger

Larry B versus A grip, on the left the Höller with B grip on the right a SMF with slant grip
    and a Höller type 4 dagger with its typical punced eye and chiseled breat wave pattern( which is an enhanced Pack type 3)
    You can see the Pack pommel is like yours
    Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?Heer Dagger unknown maker?
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-04-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Thankyou Ger..because of the grip changed to almost Fall colors ..the difference at a quick glance almost looks the same...at a quick glance.

Yes you correct that my pommel is the same as the one shown above except that mine has the extra hand enhancing and is not aluminum.

Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers

Heer Dagger unknown maker?

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi, Thanks to both of you for your time and responses to my post I now know then that this not a Holler produced dagger and that the scabbard is generic so like many unmarked heer daggers the maker will remain a mystery thank you for the information. Lastly would I be correct in saying that the grip is a type C rather than a B?
    Regards, Andy.

?

Well Andy it looks more like a C indeed it depends on the distance been the inner rings and the large ones
    B have narrow space for the litte ring...

But there are lots of grips that are a bit B-C

Ger