Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Dagger by WMW Posted as Requested.

Article about: Hi Guys, Here's some pic's of my WMW Heer dagger as promised to Larry and Peter a couple of days back. Never posted it before as I thought it a bit rough, although the blade is nice. Sorry a

Default Heer Dagger by WMW Posted as Requested.

Hi Guys,

Here's some pic's of my WMW Heer dagger as promised to Larry and Peter a couple of days back. Never posted it before as I thought it a bit rough, although the blade is nice. Sorry about the pic quality, but i've tried to get in the relevant points.

All opinions appreciated.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Dagger by WMW Posted as Requested.   Heer Dagger by WMW Posted as Requested.  

Heer Dagger by WMW Posted as Requested.   Heer Dagger by WMW Posted as Requested.  

Heer Dagger by WMW Posted as Requested.   Heer Dagger by WMW Posted as Requested.  

Heer Dagger by WMW Posted as Requested.  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger by WMW Posted as Requested.
    P
    Many

Exactly what part of this dagger is "rough"? I'd be stoked to have this one.

Quote by avenger View Post
    Exactly what part of this dagger is "rough"? I'd be stoked to have this one.
    I guess it was because I bought it off the net, and the photo's made it look better than it was. I was a bit disappointed with the fact that the grip had been stripped and rubbed down badly, and the scabbard had some sort of black crud smudged into it that wont come off, and it wasn't especially cheap, but perhaps i'm being over critical.

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 07-29-2014 at 04:36 PM.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I guess it was because I bought it of the net, and the photo's made it look better than it was.
    Regards, Ned.
    I think that has happened to most of at one time or another Ned!
    I wouldn't have a problem owning this one. Nice cross graining, nice fittings, nice maker's mark, doesn't look bad in my opinion.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ah. Well, you can't tell from the photos, or at least I can't with my novice eye. I think it's a great looking dagger. Far better than the one's I've generally seen on sale lately. And, I have to admit, I'm fond of the generic type A's, of which this one looks quite lovely. Don't be too hard on it, it's a nice dagger my friend! Let that disappointment melt away, and give it some love.

I wouldn't mind it Ned very nice indeed you kept this quiet
    cheers Ronnie

I think the Heer guys are gonna like the detail in the crossguard eagle and the cross grain is fabulous. We don't see Max Weyersburg hardly at all in Heer form. Thanks for posting this Ned. This dagger is far from being low conditioned. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

awe shucks Ned,thats a v/nice dagger.

?

Ned, I think this dagger is far above average. I like it a lot. The blade is in great shape and as others said, that maker isn't seen very often. So no need to be disappointed, it's a very nice dagger

Danny

Thanks for the kind words guys, I have now looked on it in a different light after reading your opinions. To be fair the blade is excellent, no spots or dings, it is almost like new. It was just the grip being stripped and rubbed down that really bugged me, it appears to have yellow/brown paint remaining where you can't see it under the ring above the crossguard, did they paint these during production?

Regards, Ned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast