Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Luft daggers with reversed blade

Article about: I can't find much info whether maker stamped blades were always to the back of the cross guard when leaving the factories. Other then Ade hates them reversed lol. I found one guy who swears

Default Heer Luft daggers with reversed blade

I can't find much info whether maker stamped blades were always to the back of the cross guard when leaving the factories. I found one guy who swears some luft left the factory with a reversed blade and he said if I buy it and take it apart to put maker side to the back I own it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Luft daggers with reversed blade
    P
    Many

To the best of my knowledge, makers marks were always on the back of the blade.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have always considered a dagger with a maker mark on the front as one messed with IMHO.

Steve

There are a few makers that assembled with the MM in the front, at least as far as Heer daggers go.. I have a Gebr. Heller "Balloon Man" Heer that was found that way, and the assembly was so tight, it wouldn't even go back together with the MM to the rear! I believe some of the other early pieces were assembled like that too, and perhaps this is why the MM's were placed further towards the tip early on, to clear the wreath.. Kevin.

Interesting thanks, any solid examples on Lufts?
    Kelly

?

I agree with Kevin that you frequently can encounter army daggers with the maker mark on the front. In most cases these are early daggers and also regularly found with frozen pommels. Gebr. Heller and the first Alcoso army daggers with only the letters ACS are just a few examples. Who knows how many army daggers had the maker mark on the front and had the blade switched back around at some point after the war?
    One thing is clear imo: if the maker mark is on the front, you shouldn't jump to the conclusion that the dagger has been messed with.

Danny
    Last edited by dr73; 05-05-2016 at 05:53 AM.

Does that mean the same for Luft 2nd's? I'm glad we are having this discussion as there seems to be many out there even Lufts.

Should I start a thread in Luft section on this subject? I combined both heer and luft here as it seems most heer collectors also go for Lufts.

THanks

?

I agree with Kevin & Danny, Heller & Alcoso are known for sometimes having their MM on the front side and also having fixed pommels, so you can rely on the fact that the blade has never been changed
    Why would the luft be any different?

Regards
    Ger

Very good then, any WKC known to be switched?
    THanks
    KElly