Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Heer miniature for Discussion

Article about: Your thoughts on this Gents as another Mod and Associate have already studied this. Regards Larry

Default Heer miniature for Discussion

Your thoughts on this Gents as another Mod and Associate have already studied this.
    Regards Larry

Heer miniature for Discussion Heer miniature for Discussion
    Heer miniature for Discussion
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer miniature for Discussion
    P
    Many

You could write a book on German miniature bladed weapons (perhaps someone has). I find the usual explanation that they are "salesman's samples", unconvincing. I'm more inclined to believe they were intended to be souvenirs or letter openers, gracing the desks in Regimental offices. The fact is the German's made miniature daggers and bayonets as far back as the First World War and perhaps earlier. I've seen a good quality miniature M1871/84 bayonet described as a "childs bayonet" by a dealer. I have a miniature KS98 myself, and have seen one with an engraved inscription refering to WW1. I have also seen a photo of a miniature KS98 with a sticker on the scabbard saying "souvenir of Solingen." There is also a range in quality of finish in these miniatures. The military daggers tend to be at the high end, and were probably never given away, but sold as examples with a functional use (opening letters) and as tourist "bring backs" for Cutlery trade shows in the pre-war era, some cheap, some more expensive.

?

Fake

Never has this logo been paired with the C.E. of the early back to back squirrel logo.

Ger