Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Officers Dagger - Opinions please

Article about: Hi, can I please get some opinions on this dagger. Its going for a reasonable price IMO and I think that WKC is a well known maker but I have never bought a dagger before. Annoyed from this

Default Heer Officers Dagger - Opinions please

Hi, can I please get some opinions on this dagger. Its going for a reasonable price IMO and I think that WKC is a well known maker but I have never bought a dagger before.

Errol

Heer Officers Dagger  - Opinions pleaseHeer Officers Dagger  - Opinions pleaseHeer Officers Dagger  - Opinions pleaseHeer Officers Dagger  - Opinions pleaseHeer Officers Dagger  - Opinions pleaseHeer Officers Dagger  - Opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Officers Dagger  - Opinions please
    P
    Many

Hi Errol, aside from the few condition issues, it looks fine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade,

This is what the owner says, so I guess he's being straight up.

The back of the cross guard is flaking a bit but the handle is solid with a nice deep yellow color. The blade is as found and never cleaned but with some light orange cleanable rust spots. The hangers are very good as is the knot.

P.S. he's asking $600
    Errol

A shame about the corrosion on the blade, but it may possibly wipe off abit and look better. Definitely do not use anything but the Mildest methods to try, though. Simichrome might make it look abit spiffier. Otherwise, it's an honest "been there" WKC Army.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William, I like the "been there" part. Do you think the 600 is a fair price?

Well, oddly enough, the hangers and knot are worth almost as much as the dagger itself, as the blade condition and the plating peel do affect the value fairly heavily, in my opinion, but $600 is abit high. Probably about max value for the set.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

You can get an idea of prices from Paul's site:

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/German/WWII/Dagger/Army/

$600 is about £385 here. Would I buy at that? Possibly not. The blade condition would put me off. But you do have to offset that it has the hangers and knot. I also realise that with you being in Oz and customs issues etc may make this a more attractive deal in your part of the world.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the link to Pauls site Ade. You are 100% correct about my part of the world Its a little harder to get items here. Don't forget we are 1,000,000 miles away from anyone else

Thanks Ade & William,

I think im going to pass on this one and keep my eye out for something in slightly better condition.

?

600 is way overpriced for a dagger in this condition.
    The late potmetal fittings and the bad blade make this one to skip imo.
    The Hanger and portepee would do 175-200 dollars but the dagger aint worth 250
    There are plenty army daggers outhere, take your time before buying and first take a good look around.

Regards,
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast