Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Officers dagger, real or fake?

Article about: I know I post a lot asking for help authenticating items but there are so many people on here with endless knowledge so thank you in advance! I have this officers dagger I want to buy but I'

Default Heer Officers dagger, real or fake?

I know I post a lot asking for help authenticating items but there are so many people on here with endless knowledge so thank you in advance!

I have this officers dagger I want to buy but I'm not entirely sure if it's real. There is no manufacturer stamp on the blade, just a cross in a box stamp on the tang. There are no stamps on the hanger as far as I could see. Hopefully the pictures are enough.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Officers dagger, real or fake?   Heer Officers dagger, real or fake?  

Heer Officers dagger, real or fake?   Heer Officers dagger, real or fake?  

Heer Officers dagger, real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Officers dagger, real or fake?
    P
    Many

From these few photos of the dagger, I don't see any red flags, (other than being taken apart).
    You might be asked for pommel photos and more of the dagger.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello HR

from what I can see ..is that the crossguard and scabbard ( which is backwards on the dagger btw ) are both generic types that could fit possibly many producers.

The grip is a late period type and makes sense that it would also go together with the generic fittings.
    The pommel from the little nibs I see in the photos may as well also be Generic but not sure and keener Heer eyes will be along soon to give a possible identity of a producer combination.

I agree also with Ralph there are no issues to be seen with this dagger.
    Please turn it around when hanging down the left side of the body the crossguard should be facing out.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill