Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Offizierdolch, Eickhorn for review/comment

Article about: I have this Army Officers dagger, with portepee and hangers. Mfg by Eickhorn. Had to learn how to tie the portepee, hope it is correct. I obtained the Renwax per Ade's advice, and have treat

Default Heer Offizierdolch, Eickhorn for review/comment

I have this Army Officers dagger, with portepee and hangers. Mfg by Eickhorn.

Had to learn how to tie the portepee, hope it is correct.

I obtained the Renwax per Ade's advice, and have treated the blade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Offizierdolch, Eickhorn for review/comment  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Offizierdolch, Eickhorn for review/comment
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Offizierdolch, Eickhorn for review/comment

Very nice Eickhorn Roger! Congrats!
    I believe that you are very close in the method of tying the portepee, here is one of my examples which I believe is the correct way.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Offizierdolch, Eickhorn for review/comment   Heer Offizierdolch, Eickhorn for review/comment  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Lovely Eichorn Heer dagger. The way the portipee is tied on
    is very close to being correct.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you, gentlemen. I will correct the portepee forthwith!
    Ralph, that is a nice display. Beautiful dagger.

I have looked at this photo on Wittmanns' site: Wittmann Militaria - Army Officer Dagger and this page: German Army Heer Officer Dress Daggers and am more confused now than ever. It shows them being tied the way you have it and the way I have it. I'll go with the best way, whatever that may be. Still looking for a definitive answer.

Quote by roger9344 View Post
    I have looked at this photo on Wittmanns' site: Wittmann Militaria - Army Officer Dagger and this page: German Army Heer Officer Dress Daggers and am more confused now than ever. It shows them being tied the way you have it and the way I have it. I'll go with the best way, whatever that may be. Still looking for a definitive answer.
    Roger, somewhere I have a reference, just can not locate it right now.
    If you tie it the way I have mine, there is less chance that someone will tell you it is wrong.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks, Ralph.

Nice dagger, try work out how to do the navy one, it took me 3 hours to work that one out!!!

Thanks, René. First I have to actually acquire a Navy dagger. These are taking a back seat to EK's at the moment. (But "I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it NOW!" - Queen)

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Nice dagger, try work out how to do the navy one, it took me 3 hours to work that one out!!!
    I have a reference for that one as well, probably saved in the same location as the other one.
    Ralph.