Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer opinions please

Article about: Being as I love knives and am an Army vet I have decided to purchase an officer's dagger to begin my collection. I'm looking at quality early to mid war pieces mostly and would much apprecia

?

Yes, thanks for the comment about the engraving. I agree, It is "too perfect" but maybe others who are in the know will chime in. I have done some further research and the scabbard looks kind of like an old original Puma one with the swirls and dual throat screws but not sure. The bands look poorly detailed. Also I have read the swastika wreath on this cross guard touches or comes close to touching the top scabbard band, it does not on this one. I can see the underlying brass in all the fittings of the dagger denoting their early production. I believe I better take some time and stick with trying to find a nice maker marked textbook piece from one of the larger firms. These daggers are fascinating to me but fraught with peril for the uninformed. I plan to get some reference material as has wisely been recommended. This is definitely a crawl, walk, and maybe never run hobby. If you go straight to run you could be out alot of $ quickly it seems.
    Last edited by 11B1V; 03-15-2019 at 04:49 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer opinions please
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2