Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help needed with hanger

Article about: Hi Everyone I would welcome your comments on which one of the three hangers shown would be more "correct" for the dagger in the photo please. Thanks John

Default Help needed with hanger

Hi Everyone
    I would welcome your comments please on which one of the three hangers shown would be more "correct" for the dagger in the photo.
    Thanks
    JohnHelp needed with hangerHelp needed with hanger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed with hanger
    P
    Many

I like the middle one!

Thanks for the reply maximus71. That's my favourite too.

Hi Flint...who is the producer..just curious.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Help needed with hangerHelp needed with hangerHelp needed with hangerHi Larry
    Please forgive my ignorance but I've no idea who made the hangers. The dagger is by Ernst Pack. I've added three photos, the first shows the back of the clip on the hanger on the left. The second and third photo is of the back of the clip and rhe back of the top of the middle hanger. There are no visible marks on the rightmost hanger.
    Hope this helps. Would these marks belong to a particular maker?
    Thanks again Larry.
    John

The makers mark looks like it is Assmann & Sohne of Ludenscheid. Personally I prefer the horseshoe hangers, they're a class addition.

Help needed with hanger

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

horseshoe for me also always preference above the others
    cheers Ronnie

?

Gents you all overlooked the question:
    which one of the three hangers shown would be more "correct" for the dagger ""
    So...most suitable / correct hanger.
    This question involves the fact that the timeperiod should be correct, its not proper to have an early hanger on a late dagger
    The owner would probaly not have thought: well lets buy a hanger today...i might get a dagger in the future......
    First determen the timeframe of the dagger by crossguard and makers logo and materials used, after that you pick the hanger.
    As the outside ones have the alu topclip they are the later ones, and most likely will fit the daggers timeframe, but we need better pics of the dagger
    Sell me the horseshoe, its way to early...
    Regards
    Ger

Hi Ger
    Thanks for the reply.
    You're quite right I'm trying to match correctly one of the hangers (if any) to the dagger in the photo.
    I've included some more photos. What do you think?
    (I'll let you know when your book arrives).
    cheers
    John

.Help needed with hangerHelp needed with hangerHelp needed with hangerHelp needed with hanger

?

Pack type 3 with the Siegfried Waffen logo would have a later hanger, so pick the ones on the outside.

Regards
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast