Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hugo LeMarie heer dagger

Article about: Very cool combination! Well done!

Default Re: Hugo LeMarie heer dagger

Very cool combination! Well done!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hugo LeMarie heer dagger
    P
    Many

?

It a nice looking dagger!

but its a bit odd that the name on the back is so not German standard.
    Ive seen a lot of personalised parade daggers, almost all of them engraved by a jeweler.
    This seems more like the Vet who has put the name of the former owner in it.
    but thats just my 2 cents!

Cheers,
    Ger

Hi Gerrit,, I would like to add 1 more penny to the 2 cents you added.... there is a possibility also that not all officers had the opportunity to have their name professionally engraved,,due to extended tours of duty in different regions. I have seen professionally engraved... to period scratchings and all IMO are genuine. It is hard to prove sometimes but the possibility should be left open. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry,

Ok, here another penny: seeing the patina on the name itself we can assume its time periode made.
    Im only not that convinced its done by the owner itself
    this scratcing has not done with consideration or any love to the dagger, its to rough, but otherwise the dagger is in good shape....it has been taken real good care of.........the name isnt.......thats whats makes me think.....
    Other then that its a great dagger, and we can only guess who done it!

Cheers,
    Ger

Ger, excellent observation.
    (you stole my thoughts)
    What do you think about this dagger?
    Wittmann Militaria #26064C Army Officer Dagger by P D Luneschloss

Regards
    Vedran

The dagger set is really nice, and to have provenance like that is icing on the cake. Well done!

?

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    Ger, excellent observation.
    (you stole my thoughts)
    What do you think about this dagger?
    Wittmann Militaria #26064C Army Officer Dagger by P D Luneschloss

Regards
    Vedran
    Hi Verdran,
    here are my thoughts:
    This is a very expensive piece of engraving, it turns up the value by 10x
    It looks like a field engraving as it should be, funny thing is that he almost made a mistake in his writing, a German would never do, he almost forgot the last C in Glúckwunsch, after the N he started with the H end turned it into a C.
    Without any written statement from the family its hard to verify if the dagger and its engraving belong to eachother.
    I would certainly not buy it without a statement from the family.
    Having a few copys of his career sheets doesnt prove anything.

Cheers Ger

but without any doubt its a great dagger

and this is the expensive dagger with its Field engraving:
    Hugo LeMarie heer dagger
    Hugo LeMarie heer dagger
    Last edited by gerrit; 12-21-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Gents if at all possible,, and "I am included in this also"...I like it very much when links are posted to help prove a theory or thought...but when the link is coming from an item that is forsale,,, eventually that item will be sold and the link will be come dead,, and we lose a reference on a thread. If possible it would be beneficial for the forum and the users,,to save the photo to our computer first,,upload it here and give a courtesy of where it was found. In this respect we gain and get to keep the photo in the thread and still keep a good repoire with the dealers or those selling the item privately. I myself also need to take these extra steps so as not lose valuable reference photos for the forums data base. You guys have been awesome with everything that has been shared and posted out of research and study. I am grateful to all of you....Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, i agree, but I'm afraid to post pictures that are not my property.

Regards
    Vedran

Hi All the engraving doesnt show up very well in pictures but its not scratched but a series of small dots.
    It must of been a crude engraving machine or the operator was a novice at the job
    I,ll try and post a better pic of engraving tomorrow.
    Merry XMAS to all pete

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast