Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hugo LeMarie heer dagger

Article about: Very cool combination! Well done!

Default Re: Hugo LeMarie heer dagger

Hi Vedran,, if it is done respectfully as I stated above,, I see no problem with it,,as it would be good advertising for the person selling the dagger. Posting a link is the same as posting a photo as the dealers link leads to the photo. There is an endless sea of photos on the web without identities ,, but the ones we know who have identities,,a courtesy return in naming the source. Again I stress this on websites that have items (( For sale )) as eventually they will be sold. I just want to try and not save dead space,, but save a photo for reference. Photo links from web hosts are also dead ends as sometimes without warning the photos will disappear. This is why I stress to take the extra step in saving the photo first. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hugo LeMarie heer dagger
    P
    Many

?

Hi Larry,

I added the pictures in my reply about the dagger Vedran asked to look at.

Cheers,
    Ger

Ger,
    Really looks like it's engraved on the field.
    But why in the field?
    Yet he was the senior officer, his funds are not a problem.
    When you look scabbard, a field where the name is engraved, is clean, no scabbard "grip".
    This was done by machine.
    Whay machining work, and then, engraved on the field?

Regards
    Vedran

?

Vedran,

I see what you mean, my 2 cents:
    it should be confirmed first where he was when he received the paperwork of his award.
    Was he realy in the Field or on leave?
    It was a field job, or has to look like one.
    This polish work can be done in the field with the proper vile and some very fine sanding paper, after that an abrasive.
    Problem is that none can be proofed without the family's testamony that this dagger belonged to him.
    So all we can do is guess....and look for one with the proper papers!

Cheers,
    Ger

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Totally agree!!....its nice regardless what type of dagger it is,, to see a pic of the owner with it!! John T. is a standup guy and a good dealer.
    I can not agree more. John has always been willing to lend a helping hand even if it wasn't his item and always has treated me with the up most respect. He been very, very honest about his own items, resulting in saving me money at his own lose. A trusted dealer in my regards!

"It looks like a field engraving as it should be, funny thing is that he almost made a mistake in his writing, a German would never do, he almost forgot the last C in Glúckwunsch, after the N he started with the H end turned it into a C." Gerrit

I'm sorry but I must disagree. I feel as there is a possibility a German would misspell a word. I don't know how many times I have in my own language. They were human as I and make mistakes such as all we do.

?

Hi YC,

thats because your not German or Dutch, im Dutch.
    German and Dutch are very similar languages, we both have the "sch" that is like 123, we will never ever type sh, that is just not done in the Arian languages.
    That is a mistake only a NON German or Dutchmen will make.

Cheers,
    Ger

I feel any type of hand engraving done on a metal surface really does not go in the direction intended sometimes,,as what is the end result is crude lettering. No fault of the owner,, but the nature of the beast when scrawling on metal.
    Both are valid points to be made as humans do make mistakes no matter their ethnicity. I still struggle with the 2 words "believe" and receive" look at the ei and the ie,,which I do backwards all the time,,until that little red mistake line highlights the word. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

'I' before 'E' - except after 'C'.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3