Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Klaas - original Or generic

Article about: I purchased this robert klaas from collector who got from vet's son. I originally saw that the scabbard is not Klaas but I have one in collection that I can put with it if it looks like the

Default Klaas - original Or generic

I purchased this robert klaas from collector who got from vet's son. I originally saw that the scabbard is not Klaas but I have one in collection that I can put with it if it looks like the scabbard provided was mismatched to it. Since then I have reviewed more examples here and on wardaggers to try and verify crossguard and the rest as Klaas. I am not sure on cross guard due to narrow symbol and eagles head. I think the dagger may be a generic issued example using a klaas blade and should leave non klaas scabbard with it as original to it.

Can you tell if this dagger is parts dagger, klaas original with wrong scabbard or an original generic issued?
    thanks
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Klaas - original Or generic   Klaas - original Or generic  

Klaas - original Or generic   Klaas - original Or generic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Klaas - original Or generic
    P
    Many

You have bigger issues then the scabbard - That's an Alcoso Type-3 crossguard

Yes I see now the similarity to the Alcoso type 3. So then this is probably a parts dagger?
    Last edited by josephc; 07-16-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Well i have never seen Klaas use an Alcoso guard they certainly used many types though most distinguishable as being used in house by Klaas by exhibiting certain hand enhancement techniques which i see none on this example.