Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luck strikes sometimes!! Eickhorn heer dagger ivory grip.

Article about: Hello forum! Some time ago i bougth 3 ks98 dress bayonets and one Eickhorn heer dagger with coa from Detlev Niemann on the heer Dagger from a guy who was not a collector.. I Paid 220us/200eu

Default Luck strikes sometimes!! Eickhorn heer dagger ivory grip.

Hello forum!

Some time ago i bougth 3 ks98 dress bayonets and one Eickhorn heer dagger with coa from
    Detlev Niemann on the heer Dagger from a guy who was not a collector..
    I Paid 220us/200euro for the 4 pieces.

Somehow the heer dagger lost its scabbard along with portepee and hangers as pictured on the certificate.

Then it turns out that the handle on the heer dagger is in fact ivory though in pretty
    Rough shape...

So my question is should i try to clean the handle an if so with what? It is clearly that it has already been cleaned from what i Can see from the picture on the certificate.

Or should i just leave it as it is?
    Any advice would be appriciated.

Best regards,
    Ullergaard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luck strikes sometimes!! Eickhorn heer dagger ivory grip.
    P
    Many

Hi Ullergard...sorry to hear of half misfortune..but looks like you got the better half.

Some may call it luck which I dont believe..but yet "Destiny" would be more fitting of when fortune strikes.

I will not comment on how you should clean an ivory grip..as I dont want to mislead you in the wrong information..which this type of preservation would be best left in the hands of the Heer Gents on this forum.

Congrats on a half reunion..im sure in time..you may be able to acquire another scabbard from a lesser example..and portepees and hangers are plentiful.

Wait for the forums Heer Gentlemen for further review.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Ullerguaard,

Super find

Now find the correct scabbard to match your dagger, some of the army dagger collectors will put you on the right road on that subject, sorry i do not know how to get stains out of ivory, maybe try google

Regards Mac 66

Luck strikes sometimes!! Eickhorn heer dagger ivory grip.Luck strikes sometimes!! Eickhorn heer dagger ivory grip.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you for the replies..
    A couple more pics from the sides where you Can
    See all the cracks in the ivory..

Hope to find a decent Eickhorn scabbard to go along with this
    Piece one day.

I have tried Google for how to clean ivory, but Will wait for the heer gentlemen as adviced..

Best regards
    Ullergaard

Haha Thank you Big Ned...

Eickhorn scabbard is easy to find, just be patient and one of many dealers offer it soon. Dagger is bad, grip ring is not Eickhorn product and it is in my opinion copy. Both fittings do not match to Eickhorn blade. This dagger is just good for parts.... Or find unmarked blade. But it is certainly not authentic piece, despite nice and ultra rare grip.