Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

My collection of heer daggers

Article about: Hi guys, it's been a while since I posted my collection of kriegsmarine daggers. But as some of you know, I also love army daggers. I would like to share the pictures of my heer dagger colle

?

Here are some pictures of the internal numbers of my Weyersberg army. Pretty cool I think
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My collection of heer daggers   My collection of heer daggers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My collection of heer daggers
    P
    Many

Nice Danny, these details really make it fun! Check the bottom of the pommel rim closely, I have seen examples marked there too. Kevin.

?

Kevin: I checked the pommel of my Weyersberg but there's no marking there.
    Here's the next update. This time I would like to show my Hörster armies. I'm still looking for the type 1 Hörster guard so I can only show some initial examples with the type 1 WKC guard Here's the first one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My collection of heer daggers   My collection of heer daggers  

My collection of heer daggers   My collection of heer daggers  

?

My second slant grip army with slightly different fittings but also with the type 1 WKC crossguard and the big Hörster trademark.

?

My third Hörster army has a type 2 WKC crossguard. Again with early fittings and big Hörster trademark.

?

The fourth one has the type 3 Pack crossguard and small Hörster trademark.

Last edited by dr73; 10-27-2014 at 07:37 AM.

?

And last but nog least, a beatiful ivory gripped example with the type 2 Hörster crossguard. This one still has almost all the factory lacquer present. Very typical for this maker is that this lacquer turned to a golden colour. So it's no "generals dagger" but simply a lacquered Hörster. Enjoy the pictures.

Danny

WOW Danny, these are getting me excited! Very nice examples in great shape and the nice dark patina's are great! You couldn't ask for nicer examples of rare pieces!! I am thrilled by the slants.. are they numbered? Great to see the Horster early scabbard that was all theirs, and had some of the finest looking bands in my opinion! Must say yours is the first Horster I have seen with the WKC type 2 fittings! Nice to see they were using the big mark still during this transitional period. First Ivory Horster for me too, learning all the time! Keep schooling me Danny, your collection amazes me. I have to get my butt in gear and post some I guess! Congrats..Kevin.

?

Danny lovely daggers!!
    What more can be said?
    Amazing grips too, nice to see the 2 slant grips differ in appearance a lot!
    Thx for showing

Ger

Eye candy with Juicy attributes . The Ivory Gripped example is amazing. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast