Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche

Article about: I wanted to share my army dress dagger collection, most of the daggers shown here will be the early type. I will try to show the features of each dagger in a proper way. I will show them in

?

Ger...simply stunning pieces my friend. A thread to visit and drool over for the ages.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche
    P
    Many

?

Amazing collection of rare armies Ger

a pleasure to view all your armies with all the different grips & fine details

keep up the great work mate

Best Mac 66

I like the personalized Holler the best.

Fantastic presentation, photography. Thanks for the show !!

?

Here we have a Klaas with a crossguard type 1A having slant grip.
    This first type Klaas we often see with the eickhorn scabbardbands.
    Klaas for sure is known for the use of parts bought at other factories.
    Of course they bear the * astrix on the scabbard bands.
    What i like about this Klaas is the handwork done on the acorns of the pommel and the feathering on the wings, excellent handwork.

My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche

?

This is a Klaas with the type 2 crossguard.
    It came with a deluxe hanger and a portepee, exactly as the dagger: in full mint state!
    Its straight from a German Household, an untouced sleeper!
    The eagle is very well done on this one, look at the brest: trapezium shaped pattern, and a very nice shaped beak and eye!
    Also a Klaas type 2 feature is the disk behind the swastika.
    The acorns of the pommel also show excellent handwork.
    Klaas used a lot of plated blades and whats typical is the hole in the tang (used to hang them on for the plating process)
    This blade is mint but also unmarked, bearing the typical Klaas tanghole makes it an all Klaas dagger.

My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-08-2017 at 09:13 AM.

?

This early Klaas is a hard one to find, it shows excellent work on pommel and feathers of the guard.
    What i like about this guard is the punched eye, and the wave pattern on the first two sections of the wings, after that they continu straight and have been hand engraved, they did a lovely job.
    Tom Kendall shows this type of crossguard on his website calling it an unattributed type 5, only seen sofar on Klaas and Voos.
    Only a couple are known at this time.
    So although it has some plate lifting on the blade and the needle scharp tip is a bit bend i still consider it as one of my best finds sofar!
    This plated blade also bears the typical hole in its tang, we can call that a Klaas feature.
    Typical Klaas: the * astrix on scabbard bands.
    My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-06-2017 at 06:51 PM.

?

The next trio i will show contain Packs!
    Early E.Pack army daggers realy stand out in quality and craftmanship, excellent handwork recognisible from a distance.
    The Pack slant shown here is one of the best armies i have.
    The blade is fully mint but has dried grease on it, it takes time to slowly remove it with balistol and WD40, but i will get there in time
    Shown here:
    Pack type 1 with slant grip
    Pack type 2 with slant grip
    Pack type 2 Aluminium with B grip
    It also shows the 3 different positions that E.Pack used on their blades.
    The stylistic leaves on scabbard bands and pommel, the typical dots on the pommel and the enhancements they made to the guard is just excellent.
    The slants both have great personalisations on the backside of the guards!
    I will show them also in detail seperately
    My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-23-2017 at 11:03 AM.

?

Ohw waw. Very nice and clean pieces. Thanks for showing mate.

?

The first i will show is the Pack with the slant grip, it shows the first design by Pack.
    Pack features can't be missed, their appearance is stunning.
    Dotted pommel, stylistic leaves on pommel and scabbardbands, the handwork on the guard like: lines in the neck, the punched eye, the rims on the other wings near the body.
    This dagger has the signature of Pack, no doubt about that.
    The initials on the guard is done beautifully!
    Im in the process of liquifying the hardened grease on the blade, bit by bit the WD40 & Balistol are getting the job done, other then the film of dried out grease the blade is mint, with full crossgrain.
    I just love this dagger, but i will let the pics do the talking.....
    My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche

Quote by gerrit View Post
    This early Klaas is a hard one to find, it shows excellent work on pommel and feathers of the guard.
    What i like about this guard is the punched eye, and the wave pattern on the first two sections of the wings, after that they continu straight and have been hand engraved, they did a lovely job.
    Tom Kendall shows this type of crossguard on his website calling it an unattributed type 5, only seen sofar on Klaas and Voos.
    Only a couple are known at this time.
    So although it has some plate lifting on the blade and the needle scharp tip is a bit bend i still consider it as one of my best finds sofar!
    This plated blade also bears the typical hole in its tang, we can call that a Klaas feature.
    Typical Klaas: the * astrix on scabbard bands.
    Super dagger and very rare piece ! (less then 5 known in collections) Really a beautiful and interesting crossguard.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast