Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche

Article about: I wanted to share my army dress dagger collection, most of the daggers shown here will be the early type. I will try to show the features of each dagger in a proper way. I will show them in

?

This maker is one you will hardly ever encounter on army blades
    G.Weyersberg Sne (Sohne).
    This one is in superb mint condition,full crossgrain, and it has almost its complete factory frosting still on it.
    Lightweight materials, Pack 3 guard with a few nice details done to the head, the pommel is superb as the scabbard bands.
    This one belonged to a clasp in gold award winner.
    My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche
    P
    Many

?

Details found on early generic scabbards used by producers like Gustav Spitzer, Heller etc.
    These manufactorers didnt designed their own crossguards but bought the guards, pommels and scabbard from other producers like Pack and assembled them in house.
    These early scabbards often bear the same enhancements on their scabbard ring seams, which i think is a nice detail.
    Common thinking is that these scabbards are produced by Pack, like the guards and pommels.
    Just like Klaas used the * on the seam of their scabbardbands, here a leave is added.
    3 different producers having all the same type scabbards with identical scabbardbands and handwork on the seams.
    My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche
    Last edited by gerrit; 02-09-2018 at 09:21 AM.

?

Lovely quality armies Ger

Great pix as well

Best Mac 66

Ger, That is a beauty of a G. Weyersberg! Talk about a minty blade and the protective lacquer all over the fittings and scabbard.. exceptional! Rare pieces indeed.. but I do have reservations about calling them a maker as I have seen a few daggers marked this way and with a more common maker on the other side of the blade! Still a mystery to me.. Best, Kevin.

?

Kevin i do think its a maker as he produced knives under the marketing brand " Baron"
    Seen him more on lufts then army daggers.
    Seen only a few armies having only this logo and Pack or Hörster fittings.
    So perhaps on army daggers more like an assembler like Burgsmüller instead of a producer?

best
    Ger

?

Amazing Stuff Ger! Thanks for the thread and sharing these pictures.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Ger here is one example I kept pics of... I believe the other example was also a Horster but it was a Luft 1st.

?

Next post will show a couple of aluminium fitted daggers.
    For me these aluminium based army daggers are the top of the bill.
    What makes them special to me? well....the beautiful handwork on pommel and/or crossguard, and the great contrast in colours between the scabbard, guards and grip.
    Here a preview of a few aluminium fitted army daggers.
    Regards,
    Ger
    My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche

I see now why you are going after them Ger, those Aluminium fittings are very attractive

?

Well Gents in between an Alcoso mini, in all its a true Alcoso, looking at the typical pommel, its a true quality build piece, and its in total about 26cm.
    Alcoso itself called this mini with a marbel base a Paperweight, and the solo minis letteropeners.
    Its has a lovely patina, a pristine plated blade and still the frosting on the scabbard, i just love it, well see for yourself
    I came accross these advertisement sheet on a German Forum and got permission to post them:
    Thanks you Thomas!
    Translation:
    Briefbeschwerer = paperweight
    Brieföffner = letter opener
    Regards,
    Ger
    Attachment 1171684Attachment 1171685
    My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche
    Last edited by gerrit; 03-01-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast