Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Need some opinions on this Heer Dagger...

Article about: I'm considering this dagger for purchase, but I'm having some trouble with how clean the aluminum is. The finish is probably the best I've seen! I've developed a pretty good eye for these da

?

Default Need some opinions on this Heer Dagger...

I'm considering this dagger for purchase, but I'm having some trouble with how clean the aluminum is. The finish is probably the best I've seen! I've developed a pretty good eye for these daggers over the past couple years, but I want to get some more options on this one. If it wasn't for the stained blade, a couple nicks in the handle, and the fact the scabbard hanger ring has come undone, it would be in unissued condition.

Not sure if there is a maker's mark on the other side of the blade. I'm waiting on an answer from the owner.

I'd like to get some opinions on this before I pull the trigger. I can pick it up for a very attractive price if indeed its a good one.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect German Daggers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some opinions on this Heer Dagger...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need some opinions on this Heer Dagger...

Hi Darren, looks "OK". You have already outlined the problems with it.

Personally, due to the blade and loose hanger band fitting, I would pass.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Ade. Thanks for the feedback. Ordinarily I'd agree regarding passing. Too many issues that outweigh the overall condition of the metal. That being said, with a price tag of $150, including the capture papers, it's hard to pass on it. Might make a good display piece if nothing else.

I'd like to hear from some people who have repaired scabbard hanger band fittings. How did you go about it; what worked best for you?

?

To be honest i think the band can only be fixed in place with a superglue now, im not 100% sure but i think the band was originally heat applied

?

Hi davejb. That is my assumption as well; superglue. As much as I'd like to use the original process to reattach it, I think superglue is probably the best option with the least amount of risk. If done carefully, there'll probably be no noticeable repair.