Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on Army Officer Dagger

Article about: Thx Vedran for pointing this out, and Degens welcome to the forum Cheers, Ger

?

Default Re: Opinions on Army Officer Dagger

Hi Vedran,

im not offended by your post at all, its not my dagger.
    What im trying to point out is following:
    there is nothing to gain by posting short negative oneliners like: Frankenstein-very poorly constructed.
    I rather would see you explaining yourself why your think that this is a parts dagger or worse, in that way you add information, so we all can gain knowledge.
    This forum is all about sharing information, knownledge and learning.
    Hope you see my point.
    Regards,
    Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on Army Officer Dagger
    P
    Many

Ger,

I am concerned about the following things about this dagger:
    - Inverted blade
    - Odd ferrule (hazelnuts are too big)
    - Strange grip collor
    - Odd pommel.

Not a dagger for my taste.

Regards
    Vedran

?

Thank you Vedran

regards,
    Ger

Guys i dont have a problem with the colour of the grip, also seen this on Lufty dagger grips over time, scabbard seems to have the right type screws for this maker, the later crossguards are known to loose detail thru wear and near the end of the war most dagger makers where known to purchase parts from each other due to lack of materials, JMO hope this helps a little
    cheers Ronnie

PS Larry i agree on the Eickhorn pommell and ring

maybe we could have a pic of the inside of the grip?
    Last edited by 85ronnies; 12-10-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Hi,thanks for responding , but I'm new to collecting daggers and don't know what renwax is? or where to purchase it . Regards, bigjeff

Thanks to all of your input . I think I got lucky at the auction ! Regards bigjeff.

?

Hi guys,
    My first post so I will try to be gentle. I am the owner and mod of wardaggers.com and I often see my site referenced here, so firstly my thanks to Ade and the forums members for making use of some of the information, that was the ultimate goal when the website was constructed.

Secondly and on the subject of this dagger, I am afraid I am not overly keen from what I can see. The blade and crossguard may very well be genuine but the grip and pommel look like replacements from a well known 60's reproduction. A picture of both ends of the grip off the dagger would be the answer if you wanted to know for sure.

Great forum and I will post a new addition to my collection picked up this week tomorrow to say hello properly

Well bugger me!!!! i will eat my hat great link and a big welome to the forum Degens
    cheers Ronnie

Hi Degens,,Welcome,, Glad your here and thankful for being able to reference your site,, it is very useful,, and your knowledge on the Heers type would benefit this forum greatly. Take your shoes off and stay awhile Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast