Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions - Tiger heer dagger.

Article about: Hi, Need to hear opinions on this Heer Dagger. ...Tiger Solingen. Crossguard has been denazified. What should be the right price for this dagger?(euro) ...thinking about buying this one. Reg

Default Opinions - Tiger heer dagger.

Hi,

Need to hear opinions on this Heer Dagger.
    ...Tiger Solingen.

Crossguard has been denazified.

What should be the right price for this dagger?(euro)
    ...thinking about buying this one.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions - Tiger heer dagger.   Opinions - Tiger heer dagger.  

Opinions - Tiger heer dagger.   Opinions - Tiger heer dagger.  

Opinions - Tiger heer dagger.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions - Tiger heer dagger.
    P
    Many

Look O.K to me, a type 4 I think with the correct scabbard and fittings. Shame about the swastika, but it is what it is. Not up for pricing it, but it would be on the low side i'd imagine, wait for the dagger guys to chime in.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I would wait for a much nicer example. If you can get it for around a 100 euros you could part it out and get your money back but what's the point. It is hard to sell daggers in bad condition.

Quote by kirby View Post
    I would wait for a much nicer example. If you can get it for around a 100 euros you could part it out and get your money back but what's the point. It is hard to sell daggers in bad condition.
    Agreed !!...with these particular time period artifacts...anything with a swastika....will only increase in value. Unless you are a type collector..and one who studies post war collecting..then this dagger should fit well into one of those type of collections. Odd how the swastika is the face of this time period..without it..no one would know what this dagger is except just another knife.

For the Heer collector who studies..these..Lauterjung Co. "Tiger" daggers... is not as common as most Heer daggers seen..and is desirable..upon the type of fittings that were fitted onto this dagger. Sadly the condition is not the greatest,,,and if the Swastika was not removed....then most Heer type collectors would overlook the present condition its in. Personal preference. Not sure if I want to spend $100 US for it..in its present condition...again its personal preference..but for the post war type collector..its a prize. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A dagger without a grip or a grip eagle is history without eyes..which I consider the face of an edged weapon...A doll without eyes lacks the same appeal.

Opinions - Tiger heer dagger. Opinions - Tiger heer dagger. Opinions - Tiger heer dagger.

The national symbol.... was the aggressor..yet a witness to everything. The swastika is not only a symbol of hate..but a window / eyes to the past.

Icons over the centuries are all witnesses to the past without them....history would never of been taught.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Agreed-a dagger that's been mutilated by the swastika being removed is, for all sakes and purposes, worth very little and is no longer collectable in my opinion.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Very well put Larry.
    But that eyeless doll head collection is CREEEEEPY!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi,

Thanks for the answers.

In Denmark you can not buy a Heer dagger, denazified or not for 100euro.
    ...think perhaps I could get this one for 200euro.

I think the prices in Denmark must be higher than in the US.

Two days ago I was presented for a SA-dagger without scabbard - price 255euro
    ...though I don't know if that price is much higher than in the US.

Regards
    Replace

255 Euros for a sheathless SA...it would have to be a minty and rare maker.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."