Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

P D Luneschloss army dagger

Article about: Hi All, I just picked this up and would like to see if it is indeed original. Daggers are not generally my area, but it was quite cheap. Thanks for you time

Default P D Luneschloss army dagger

Hi All,

I just picked this up and would like to see if it is indeed original. Daggers are not generally my area, but it was quite cheap. Thanks for you timeP D Luneschloss army daggerP D Luneschloss army daggerP D Luneschloss army daggerP D Luneschloss army dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement P D Luneschloss army dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Eagle
    The dagger is original Third Reich Army ( Heer )

The time period appears correct for the grip , scabbard and pommel being used around the 1936 time period with the grip being a mid period type.

The only detail I see that does not appear to be consistent with a Luneschloss type is the crossguard being a late period FW Holler type 4 ( 1940 time frame ) I would say obviously it did not come out of the factory that way and may have been added at a later date or post war.

Gerrit or Dr73 will be able to pinpoint further exact details of the crossguard and dagger. Overall It is authentic .
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry,
    I noticed that the cross guard seemed a bit off as well, and had a suspicion as it is a bit loose. I look forward to more opinions

?

First please make decent pictures, the pommel isnt visisble.
    This Pack type 3 crossguard has widely been used by a lot of small producers that didnt designed their own guards, but so far i havent seen any on Luneschloss.
    Is it imposible on a Luneschloss? no its not, but we need to see good detailed pictures of the pommel to see if that a Pack product too.

For know i tend to look at it as a partsdaggers

Ger

Larry sorry my friend, its not a Höller type 4 ( look for the big punced eye, wavepattern on the brest and the alu material), besides that the timeframe of the Pack 3 starts as early as late 1936 - early 1937, as i have seen plenty of them having early tapered tangs and early maker marks on the blades they were found on.