MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....

Article about: Here is a recent find I am very happy with and needed for the Slant collection.. I have seen quite a few from Sielheimer but none other with these nicely hand enhanced fittings so I jumped o

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Kevin that is a true beauty!
    This one is a great mix, i think the base of this one started with a Pack type 2 guard, but they changed its head, which unmistakenly has a weyersberg appearance.
    The rounded head of the eagle and the lazy eye are typical Weyersberg features.
    Slowly we see more and more the cooperation between firms in the early days.
    The Weyersberg lazy eyes we see on the WKC type 2 guard, but also on the Pack type 2A Aluminium guards.

Congratz on this great gem!

Regards,
    Ger

i would love to hear Tom & Danny's opinion on this guard too, as there are more newly discoverd guards seen the last year!!

here on the left a Pack type 2, look at the circled areas
    Attachment 1122895
    My thoughts exactly! The similarities with the Pack Type 2 guard are striking!

Beautiful addition to your collection Kevin. Congratulations!

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paul Sielheimer Heer for your review....
    P
    Many

?

[QUOTE=heers68;1783589] I guess the only question was if it started as a Pack 1st or 2nd?

Comparing the wreath and swastika to the Pack 2nd shown on Wardaggers crossguard reference site yours matches up nicely, not so to the Pack 1st, i think this was definitely a Pack 2nd guard.

Best Tomaz.

Kevin beautiful slant and crossguard. I have always admired this dagger in Wittmann,s book. Great dagger for your army collection this one has all the bells and whistles. Look forward to seeing pictures of your other max acquisitions.

Quote by T Kendall View Post
    Kevin beautiful slant and crossguard. I have always admired this dagger in Wittmann,s book. Great dagger for your army collection this one has all the bells and whistles. Look forward to seeing pictures of your other max acquisitions.
    Correction - This dagger is not in Wittmann,s book ! Great slant by a super hard to find maker.

?

Kevin,
    Now that is an unusual and splendid early army. What a great combination of Weyersburg and Pack collusion. Or at least the craftsman who undertook the enhancing had run out of Weyersburg cross-guard stock and used a Pack instead?.
    Either way, we end up with this great combination that has it all. My guess would be a Pack 1st but only for the reason already mentioned, the head size of the eagle.

Fabulous piece.

Jon

Thanks Jon and others for your opinions! Best, Kevin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2