Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers

Article about: by T Kendall Larry I would love to see the set. I am attending the Max perhaps we can get together for dinner I love the family owned Italian place near by I hope they are still Open Hi Tom

Very cool set Larry I love it

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers
    P
    Many

Larry spectacular dagger and grouping always nice to see. Thanks for sharing.

Mario

How interesting it is..that a name with a past..can bring to life the identity of a dagger. I am amazed at the condition this dagger is in ,,where as the places he has been according to his entries in his Soldbuch. I would of figured the dagger to be beaten up a bit more......but no just the opposite..it was well kept..and IMO I feel the elderly Mr Kaeser....had it wrapped up safely until its liberation..along with its hangers. Thanks again Gents..its my one and only...but looking maybe to get a glass gripped Heer next!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

What a set! I think you're right about the care the gentleman took. I'm glad it's in the care of someone who we know will give it equal concern going forward!

Larry super piece! These personalized and especially attributed heers are very special and to have the officers soldbuch …… now that’s the wholly grail - what a set. Thanks for reviving this thread Scott.

Thanks Tom and Scott...yea this one dropped onto my lap for about $750 back around the time Tom Wittmann had just posted the photos in his Army Reference..and then it was for sale at the same time. I worked for a Commercial printer back then..and we did all Tom Witttmans work there..I had first look at all the photos on the art table...that dagger ensemble struck me..and contacted Tom after that.
    There were a few times I almost let it go..and sold it..but I was told to hang onto it...and now presently still resides in my collection. I might bring it to the Max show..if some would like to see it up close. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry I would love to see the set. I am attending the Max perhaps we can get together for dinner I love the family owned Italian place near by I hope they are still Open

Wow , really nice. What came of the man. Did he die in battle or make it through the war ?

Larry,that's fantastic find.
    I have never seen dagger together with soldbuch belong to the same owner.
    Beautiful,congrats

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    Wow , really nice. What came of the man. Did he die in battle or make it through the war ?
    His last entry in the Soldbuch was in 1944..looked like he was in the Mountain troops reserve. Could of been killed or captured. He was already well into his 50s. Who ever liberated these 3 items..the dagger hangers and soldbuch took great care in preserving them. Regards Larry

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast