Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers

Article about: by T Kendall Larry I would love to see the set. I am attending the Max perhaps we can get together for dinner I love the family owned Italian place near by I hope they are still Open Hi Tom

Quote by T Kendall View Post
    Larry I would love to see the set. I am attending the Max perhaps we can get together for dinner I love the family owned Italian place near by I hope they are still Open
    Hi Tom ..I would be honored..and yes from what I understand as of last year that restaurant is still open..I think most eateries in that location thrive on the hotels and conventioneers.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers
    P
    Many

Larry that is a fine specimen with extras !
    Thanks for sharing .

Congrats!!!! Larry on a very nice set you have.
    thanks for sharing it .

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Excellent Larry! I like to refer to this as the "type 2 Holler" even though it is a Pack guard, they enhanced it so much I consider it theirs! Just a great example with all the history included. Hold on to it! Kevin.

Great and interesting group, thanks for sharing with us.

On page 22 of the Soldbuch I can see some awards.

They look like -

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. klasse mit Schwertern - (War merit cross with swords 2nd class).

Die medaille winterschlacht im osten 1941/1942 - (Eastern front medal).

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. klasse mit Schwertern - (War merit cross with swords 1st class).

The last entry looks like it says schild (shield). Possibly ‘Kuban shield’, and that is possible because the 101. Jäger-Division fought in the retreat into the Kuban.

Pages three and four should hopefully tell us more information on what units/regiments he was in. But from the unit stamps I can see, he was in or attached to the two Divisions below.

- 101. Leichte Infanterie-Division.

- 101. Jäger-Division.

(The 101. Jäger-Division was formed when 101. Leichte Infanterie-Division was redesignated in July 1942).

The 101. Leichte Infanterie-Division -
    101. Leichte Infanterie-Division
    The 101. Jäger-Division -
    101. Jager-Division
    Last edited by Willmore; 03-13-2021 at 11:22 PM.

?

Wouw Larry that handwork on the pommel superb!!!
    Ron

Hi Will thankyou do much for coming over here
    You have already replied in your post more than what i have known ..so now I will provide more info on the soldbuch and his activities.
    So If I can get a spoonful more of insight of the German officer ..it will be a ton more than what I ever had before.

@ Ron ..yes some great hand enhancing performed on the fittings. Thanktyou

Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and HangersPersonalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers

Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and HangersPersonalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers

Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers

- - ------- - -

I tried rotating these but I didnt have time to reduce the image size
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Really beautiful dagger! And that Soldbuch is really nice bonus. Outstanding
    -TJ-

TWS
    ?

Outstanding dagger/Soldbuch combo Larry. I'm just now seeing this due to recent bump.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Hi Larry.

This is what I have.

His name looks like Hans Kaeser.

Page 6 and 7 - Issued kit.

While with the 101. Leichte Infanterie-Division he was issued -

Stahlhelm - Helmet
    Tuch reit feldhose - Possibly issued mountain troop trousers
    Schnürstiefel - Berg [bergschuhe] - Mountain Boots
    Signalpfeife - Whistle
    Windjacke - Wind jacket
    Gamaschen - Gaiters

Page 8b - Proof of possession of weapons and equipment.

Gasmaske - Gasmask

Taschenlampe - Torch

Page 8c - Proof of possession of weapons and equipment.

It looks like he had a private purchase pistol, which I think would be the Mauser HSc (7.65mm pistol introduced in Germany during World War II, and manufactured until 1977).

Mauser Pistols

Inhaber ist im besitz hat eigenen pistole
    Kal 7.65 mauser werke oberndorf
    Der besitz ist durch rechnung gewiesen

The owner is in possession of his own gun
    Cal 7.65 mauser works Oberndorf
    The possession is proven by invoice

Dienstuhr mache zenith - Watch - maker is Zenith

Both dated 14.7.1944

He had previously had a 6.35 calibre pistol, as noted in the section that is crossed out and dated 6.10.1942.

Page 22 - Awards.

24.11.1941 - Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. klasse mit Schwertern - (War merit cross with swords 2nd class).

5.9.1942 - Medaille winterschlacht im osten 1941/1942 - (Eastern front medal) -
    101. Jäger-Division.

20.4.1943 - Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. klasse mit Schwertern - (War merit cross with swords 1st class). - 101. Jäger-Division.

15.4.1944 - Kuban schild - (Kuban shield). The 101. Jäger-Division fought in the retreat into the Kuban, but is stamped by his current unit - Nachsch btl.

The Defence and Evacuation of the Kuban Bridgehead, January – October 1943 by David R. Galbraith, MSc paper -
    http://mural.maynoothuniversity.ie/5...Bridgehead.pdf

Unfortunately I can’t fully read the stamp on the Kuban shield award, but it appears to be the same stamp which is present twice on page 15. It looks like it says Nachsch btl, which would mean Nachschub Bataillon (supply service for troops). Along with this, the stamps on page 24 says Nachsch, so this fits together.

To me the stamps look like Nachschub bataillon - 533, 535, 573, 723 Stab or 735. I’m leaning towards the it saying Nachschub bataillon 573, but I’m not 100% sure on this, so have asked for some help (hopefully we should get an answer soon).

The 101. Leichte Infanterie-Division
    101. Leichte Infanterie-Division
    The 101. Jäger-Division
    101. Jager-Division
    XXXXIV Army Corps (The 101. Jäger-Division)
    Forbidden!

Page 23 - Leave.

It looks like he had leave cancelled (entry #2).

Bestätigung.

Urlaub vom 19.3 - 2.4.1941 konnte dienstlichen Gründen nicht genommen werden

Den 11.8.1941.

Confirmation.

Holiday from 19.3 - 2.4.1941 could not be taken for official reasons

I’m sure what I have written here is correct, but if anyone spots anything or has any corrections then please add them!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers   Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers  

Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers   Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers  

Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers   Personalized Holler dagger w/ Soldbuch and Hangers  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast