Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Puma Slant Grip.

Article about: Hi, I finally have the previously posted Puma slant grip I had on layaway I like it a lot just a shame that the pommel is not correct as it's a much later type but fits well and has a matchi

Default Puma Slant Grip.

Hi,
    I finally have the previously posted Puma slant grip I had on layaway I like it a lot just a shame that the pommel is not correct as it's a much later type but fits well and has a matching patina other than that I think everything is ok with this piece. I've had it for a few weeks now but have only just got round to taking some photos of it as I have been awol due to ill health as I am two years post Liver Transplant due to liver cancer and the anti immune drugs sometimes cause me problems but anyway enough of that sh*t!
    I have simply given the whole thing a light coat of Renwax and rubbed it off for preservation. The blade was covered in a very sticky clear thick grease (possibly Vaseline or similar?) that I have removed and underneath the sticky gunk it is very nice and has a tapered tang with good crossgrain from top to bottom and a lovely clear small type Puma maker mark. The grip is also good and has no cracks just a few small marks from use. The portepee looks to be original to the dagger as do the nicely worn d.r.g.m. marked deluxe hangers. The scabbard is in nice shape with no dents or rust just a nice age patina and the crossguard is a Unattributed type 1 and also has the same nice dark patina matching the rest of the dagger. I can live with the pommel being wrong as I was wisely advised to go for it because these Puma slant grips don't appear on the market very often, so I went for it and here it is hope you like it and the photos are okay.
    Cheers, Andy.
    Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.
    Last edited by Grofaz45; 03-17-2019 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Missing text.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Puma Slant Grip.
    P
    Many

More photos:
    Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.Puma Slant Grip.

?

Beautiful piece! Love it!

Regards
    Danny

Love that crossgraining on that beauty!
    Lovely dagger..

?

i consider this guard as one of the best looking ones produced.
    A bit pity that its married an Eickhorn pommel, but you might find a proper one on a show or the internet.
    beautiful dagger otherwise!

Regards
    Ger

Hi Ger,
    Yes it is a pity about the pommel and I was pretty sure it is an Eickhorn produced one and you have confirmed it now but I am and will be looking for a correct pommel for this dagger now for as long as it takes but would like to know if there are any options or is there only one type of pommel that would be correct? Did Puma produce their own or did they use bought in parts? any help/advice would be greatly appreciated as I would hate to put another incorrect pommel on this piece. Thanks to all who have commented.
    Regards, Andy.
    Quote by gerrit View Post
    i consider this guard as one of the best looking ones produced.
    A bit pity that its married an Eickhorn pommel, but you might find a proper one on a show or the internet.
    beautiful dagger otherwise!

Regards
    Ger

Best wishes Andy, sorry to hear of your health challenges, hope that improves soon. Lovely Puma.

?

Its a 14 leaf Pommel, here the pics of 2 we published on page 165 and 167.
    Although the owner of the orange grip slant states its a 14 leaf pommel, it looks a lot like a 12 leave one.
    The one on the left with the Ivory grip has a 14 leafs one.

Best
    Ger
    Puma Slant Grip.
    Last edited by gerrit; 03-20-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Hi Ger, Many thanks for your reply I do have your book so will check them out just one question if you don't mind are these generic or produced by Puma?
    Best regards, Andy.
    Quote by gerrit View Post
    Its a 14 leaf Pommel, here the pics of 2 we published on page 165 and 167.
    Although the owner of the orange grip slant states its a 14 leaf pommel, it looks a lot like a 12 leave one.
    The one on the left with the Ivory grip has a 14 leafs one.

Best
    Ger
    Puma Slant Grip.

?

No,

generic means in this case that the original designer- producer is unknown.

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast