Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?

Article about: here is a link to another Kolping army dagger....this maker is a hard one to find..and would consider it a treasure to ad into any collection. I like the craftmanship. To each producer their

Default QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?

These are not so great seller pictures, and there's too much info in the stickies to absorb in a way that I can make a decision. The eagle on the one without a hanger looks horrid, but maybe it is correct. I'm going back over all the info available today, as well as the links from wardagger. Thanks in advance for your time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?
    P
    Many

Default Re: QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?

Both are correct. The first is a Alcoso "High Lift". A not often seen dagger with this crossguard. The second, a Kolping sports a generic "A" crossguard and is a relatively scarce maker. Both daggers are desirable.
    Wolfgang

From what I can see I would agree, Some close ups would help also.

Mario

?

As Wolfgang said two daggers that you don't see to often. On the last picture it shows that the blade of the Kölping still has a lot of crossgrain. Two fine daggers IMO.

Danny

2 decent condition Heer daggers, looks like to my eyes. The portapee and hangers are valuable just in themselves. Are they asking a reasonable price?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi larboard thanks for posting these. You received quite a good review for a few of the forums top Army Collectors here. Lately I have been seeing a decent amount of quality Heer daggers posted on this forum. I might have to talk to my boss about possibly starting another sub-forum as these have been growing in posts. Thanks again for posting. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks all!!!

I might go ahead with possible a purchase, he's asking around $1k for the pair.

Not a bad price at all, but I'd Still make him an offer-you never know! He might be just hard for cash and anxious to move them on!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Take note the sprung clip on the longer strap of the hanger has been broken off, this will seriously affect the value of that and allow room for haggling.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello friends,
    Mr. Larboard show very nice Army daggers, both I have in my collection. AWS, your first dagger with HI-LIFT crossguard is not very common, but sometimes you can purchase it for good price. H. Kolping dagger - one of my favorite markers is nice too! Be careful, one scabbard ring is missing and believe me sometimes it not looks good on dagger... I will add more photos of H.Kolping dagger later.
    Definitely, I will be very happy to have both of this daggers on my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast