Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?

Article about: here is a link to another Kolping army dagger....this maker is a hard one to find..and would consider it a treasure to ad into any collection. I like the craftmanship. To each producer their

Default Re: QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?

Hello friends, to scabbard I want to say these information. In my opinion scabbard is not Eickhorn type, but generic type used very often by various small companies. Here is photo of early heavily silvered generic type scabbard (3rd. photo, which is the same like has H. Kolping dagger in this thread) Next to compare is early Eickhorn scabbard (2nd. photo) and later Eickhorn scabbard (1st. photo). Certainly you can see diferences between them. And here is also link to my H. Kolping dagger, where are a lot of close up photos to compare:https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...-4/#post945521
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?   QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?  

QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement QUESTIONS!!! 2 Local Heer daggers any good?
    P
    Many

?

You are 100% right Peter!

Danny

Noticeably large differences...by sight ..thankyou Peter for pointing this out. The 2nd photo has quite large oakleaves in the carrying bands...along with the different positioned scabbard screws. makes we want to dig back into Heer study again.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the info Peter.

Mario

Hey guys, update on the two daggers. I went to look at them and they both had unforeseen problems. The Alcoso had a horribly loose grip, which I figured I could fix, but then (thanks to looking at an item with extreme scrutiny) I finally noticed that there was the outline of another grip on the crossguard. I don't know if this happened during the war, but I had to walk away. The Kolping was sharpened, with was just a crying shame... but man was it sharp! Badly sharpened at that, there was metal missing in one particular spot.

The quality of the fittings on the Kolping, especially the scabbard (very fine oak leaves) was night and day with the Alcoso, so I was glad I finally found a reason to walk away from the Alcoso.

But, I wanted to thank everyone involved for your help, and especially your time.

All the same it was very educational to see both side by side and see the differences!

Happy collecting all.

Hi Larboard and I say "Bravo" to you!!...One thing that photos ...no matter how detailed sharp and clear..they may be...if the opportunity is afforded to do a In hand inspection..that truly will help make a decision in authenticity. Photos will not show lose fittings...or shadowed areas of what as once there before. We take a gamble when we look only at photos..and never really knowing where its been. Im glad it worked out for you,,that you have seen with your own eyes a little closer..of some issues of possible tampering. Heer daggers are plentiful at this present time and I feel also..they will stay abundant. Another will come along.
    As we have seen that each dagger..has its own characteristics which gives it its identity in some ways..."All" Heer daggers..are different and none are the same..which is why they and all other daggers and swords are collectible. Good eyes Larboard...in regards to the in hand inspection...and also good eyes in reading the content of the members knowledge and advice.
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks much Larry, and everyone else for the help.

Will keep you posted when something else comes along.

Happy hunting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3