Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Real or fake

Article about: Hi guys I bought this yesterday when I was under the weather and didn't research defore buying it,its getting posted out Tmro,, the swastika looks to close the the hanger on the scabbard, an

Hi, dagger looks fine, crossguard is textbook Eickhorn 4th. type, grip is type "C" with lovely Orange colour. Grip ring is also correct for this marker. Scabbard and blade are also textbook, but the pommel is generic "a" which Eickhorn never used. What is interesting, whole daggers parts match in finish and patina, but I am still sure that pommel is out of place.

Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake
    P
    Many

?

Could it be a period replacement of the pommel ? Would this explain the consistent patina over the dagger?

like it.

It is easy to take appart each army dagger (except daggers which has frozen pommels) so everything is possible during the period or later, but in this time, we can say not everything is correct, because we know unique atributes of almost each producer

Best regards

Peter

?

Real or fakeReal or fakeI ended up not buying the other dagger, went for this full rig instead, it's a Ernst Pack dagger pictured with my 1939 walther ppk .Real or fake

Buster, nice dagger - Textbook in every way and not easy to find in this contidion. Pistol is also very nice! It is 7,65 or 22 caliber?

Regards

Peter

?

Hi , it's 7.65 and in very nice conditing with full matching numbers & original mag. I am gratefull for your confirmation that all is correct with my dagger! Can you tell when it was made? Sorry my pic are not the best Real or fake

Hi buster, well your pistol is very nice! I had only two PPK pistol sin hand, one 9mm Luger, which was find early afther war in battlefield, when civilians burried dead soldiers and one 22 mm, which comes from famili of HJ leader veteran... but I never shot from this pistol or own one... Maybe in future when I grow up!

Your dagger is probably from 1937 to 1938 period, not later, because silvering is still very nice and overal quality of dagger is in superb condition. Later examples from this marker has poor silvering, which is all gone afther the years of wearing or storage. So that is why, daggers in good condition from E. Pack (I mean 3rd. pattern) is quite rare.

Best regards

Peter

Great Pack 3rd type Heer and a sweet Walther too! Congrats! Kevin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2