Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rudolf Buchel Solingen 1935 model dagger - Correct or Bad?

Article about: Hi guys, I am looking at buying this 1935 model heer officers dagger, this would be my first dagger and wondered if it's Okay? My concerns looking at others of this type is the scabbard does

Default Rudolf Buchel Solingen 1935 model dagger - Correct or Bad?

Hi guys,
    I am looking at buying this 1935 model heer officers dagger, this would be my first dagger and wondered if it's Okay? My concerns looking at others of this type is the scabbard doesn't look correct for this type of dagger.

I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks in advance.

Andre
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rudolf Buchel Solingen 1935 model dagger - Correct or Bad?   Rudolf Buchel Solingen 1935 model dagger - Correct or Bad?  

Rudolf Buchel Solingen 1935 model dagger - Correct or Bad?   Rudolf Buchel Solingen 1935 model dagger - Correct or Bad?  

Rudolf Buchel Solingen 1935 model dagger - Correct or Bad?   Rudolf Buchel Solingen 1935 model dagger - Correct or Bad?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rudolf Buchel Solingen 1935 model dagger - Correct or Bad?
    P
    Many

?

I surgest you look for a better one to start with.
    This one would not be for me.
    Just compare the logo's
    Army daggers are not rare so within every pricerange you can find a decent one.
    Early to mid period produced army dagger would be my choice.

Regards
    Ger
    Rudolf Buchel Solingen 1935 model dagger - Correct or Bad?

Hi, well at first look I almost think that everything on this dagger is correct and I don´t have problem with it. Then I look clooser on scabbard and in my opinion it is reproduction. This type of scabbard rings are frequently seen on fakes. Next I saw Ger´s post - and just look at the marker mark... Ok, maybe later dagger, but whole factory blade grinding is incorrect

But for now, what if I changed scabbard and put better reproduction generic "B" scabbard and also put some oil spots on blade and on marker mark, so it will be less visible - well then we are all in big ..... truble. This later produced dagger, are ONLY for extremely advanced collectors which has very good skills with late war construction, not for common collectors, which just collect army types like me

To this date I have fear, when I see late war produced pieces and that is why still I like them - each late dagger which I have in my collection teach me a lesson... but I have only few late war daggers, they are not just atractive like early or mid period pieces - and that is what Ger say - choose early or mid, you can´t go wrong with them

Best regards

Peter

Here is my example to compare.
    Rudolf Buchel Heer Dress Dagger
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thankyou all for your replies they are much appreciated.

Ger - thankyou for pointing out the logo differences, seems so obvious now and something I will certainly look closer at in the future, and yes a nice early dagger is what I'm aiming for.

Peter - loads of issues raised that I'd not considered, mainly through lack of knowledge. I thought there was an issue with the scabbard but wasn't sure what the issue was if that makes sense just didn't look right against others of the same maker. Thanks for some pointers that I will certainly look out for in the future.

Ralph - thankyou for linking your dagger of the same maker, I had looked at your post prior to posting which initially raised my concern with the scabbard.

Again great advice given.

Andre

?

Your welcome Andre, Always glad to help a fellow collector.
    I have purchased a handfull of very hard to find early Slant armies, if i can find the time i will post a couple.

Cheers
    Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Your welcome Andre, Always glad to help a fellow collector.
    I have purchased a handfull of very hard to find early Slant armies, if i can find the time i will post a couple.

Cheers
    Ger
    Yes please would really like to see them , thankyou.

Andre

?

Quote by Andreuk View Post
    Yes please would really like to see them , thankyou.

Andre
    Well Andre here you are
    My early WKC Type 2 Gem

Best
    Ger