Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Sedge Of Cranes - Robert Klaas

Article about: Sedge of Cranes. A trio of Early Robert Klaas slant gripped heer daggers. Klaas no doubt made one of the most interesting early army daggers. As evident by these three examples they used a v

Default A Sedge Of Cranes - Robert Klaas

Sedge of Cranes. A trio of Early Robert Klaas slant gripped heer daggers. Klaas no doubt made one of the most interesting early army daggers. As evident by these three examples they used a variety of different parts. Compare these initial-early production examples and you can you see they used different types of scabbard screws-scabbard bands-grips even the scabbard tips vary. Klaas arguably sported the best and most prolific hand enhancement of the period even into the later years of production. It’s thought the earliest crossguard examples had little to no hand work and the practice was adopted early in production. Its interesting the crossguard on the center example here exhibits this trait showing little to no hand detail work. The center blade segment on some of these early Klaas have horizontal cross grain a feature I have only seen on Klaas and Holler. The well known Klaas Asterisk was used on the edges of the scabbard bands throughout the firm’s heer dagger production. As time permits I will add detailed shots of each dagger and point out some specific traits of each. My favorite would be the top dagger it has a glass type grip and a jeweler quality personalization.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Sedge Of Cranes - Robert Klaas   A Sedge Of Cranes - Robert Klaas  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Sedge Of Cranes - Robert Klaas
    P
    Many

Hi Tom....these triplets are nice..along with your detailed description,..which is very helpful for our Heer collectors. The one in the center has that "Salt water taffy" twist to the grip. Very appealing

Thanks for sharing! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Beautiful early heer daggers Tom! I visit your website frequently for reference purposes. Without a doubt you have one of the most advanced collections of early army daggers in the world! Thanks for sharing

Danny

Larry –Thank You !
    Danny thank you very much - I’m glad to know my website is useful to some collectors I really enjoy fiddling with it - it’s a labor of love. I am happy to create my first thread on the forum. I was chatting with Mario at the max and he mentioned what a great little Heer forum War Relics had. I have to agree some beautiful daggers posted here.

Tom its contributors like you..and the others that the reason why this forum does so well. The reference material here is exhaustive!! Glad to have you here! Regards Larry

BTW the Max show was a blast.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    They are all very nice examples Tom. The quality of Klaas knives is equal to or better than most even today. They are one of my favorite knife makers and I have a few in my knife collection.
    Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing some detailed photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Tom, you have extremely nice Klass daggers! I´m still looking for nice example from this producer. This daggers are not very common and really hard to find.

Thanks for showing yours Robert Klaas daggers.

Regards Peter

?

Great daggers Tom,
    One of my favourite makers or early armies, are the blades all polished?. I love the one with the personalisation.

Thanks guys! As soon as I get some detailed shots of each I will post them it might be a few weeks! Jon - They are all polished blades as you know the earliest examples all are. Peter - Your right these early Klaas are very hard to come by I looked years for one I think we all agree the hunt is certainly part of the fun. Here is another Klaas in my collection it has a Type-2 Klaas crossguard (first three have a Klaas Type-1) and the grip is glass on this one as well the blade is a nickel plated variety.
    A Sedge Of Cranes - Robert Klaas A Sedge Of Cranes - Robert Klaas A Sedge Of Cranes - Robert Klaas A Sedge Of Cranes - Robert Klaas

?

Hi Tom,

i agree that Klaas made great daggers, i love the slant grip you got!
    The amber or glass types have to be held in hand to see the true beauty of them!
    Im eager to see full detailed shots of these 3 beauty's!!

Thx for showing them, this Heer section is slowly building up some great refererne material

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast