Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SMF army dagger,vet return,rare?

Article about: I have seen a lot of Luft swords,daggers and gravity knives made by SMF but only one or 2 armys made by this maker.Are these pretty rare or just uncommon,opinions welcome.This dagger is in m

You said the magic words Ger....." a Few years back " ( Not long ago ) ..and now buried back into collections for now until the next liquidation of collections.
    I may have confused it with 2nd Luft SMFs ..which for fact are not scarce.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SMF army dagger,vet return,rare?
    P
    Many

Thanks Ger!I am thinking 1 out of 100 armys you see for sale are one of these,and not many of those are in this cond.JMO

?

If i find a handfull of slants each year then im more then happy, and im not talking about the high priced ones the US dealers have occasionally.
    Wittmann has a lot in consigment, so if he shows 5 it well be 5 different sellers.
    Im searching for slants every single day and they are scarce, and i mean very scarce!

I say catch them while you can
    They maybe more looked for after the publising of that excellent Heeresdolche Reference book last year

best
    Ger

?

I couldn't agree more with Ger! In todays market it is almost impossible to find slant gripped army daggers in good condition if you don't want to pay more than 1K. If our top dagger hunter Ger can only find a handfull in one year, the average collector practically doesn't stand a chance I was lucky enough to start collecting them a couple of years ago when they were still available. Just look how beautiful they are!

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SMF army dagger,vet return,rare?   SMF army dagger,vet return,rare?  

?

Danny on these 2 pics you show daggers that are simply not available in todays market... and im sure if i would offer you 11K you wouldnt sell
    These are top of the bill beauties my friend, glad i had the oppertunity to at least had them in hand....

Ger

Toecutter, Very nice early SMF there! Is it made of light metal? Some early variations on these had the brass based fittings (as is more typical on other makers early slant grip daggers) that were rarely used by SMF, and there were a few magnetic (ferrous) examples produced too! Well done!

Danny, Always a pleasure to see your slant grip hoard!! Best, Kevin.

Thanks guys!heers the fittings are light weight,the scabbard almost looks like its silver plated?

?

The SMF is also known about their plating loss, these issues mainly caused by light weight alloys.
    I had a couple of ironhead and leightweight versions in the past, lots of them had plating issues.
    Its also nice to see that even the iron crossguards are hand enhanced!

Ger

?

Quote by heers68 View Post
    Toecutter, Very nice early SMF there! Is it made of light metal? Some early variations on these had the brass based fittings (as is more typical on other makers early slant grip daggers) that were rarely used by SMF, and there were a few magnetic (ferrous) examples produced too! Well done!

Danny, Always a pleasure to see your slant grip hoard!! Best, Kevin.

Well Kevin the couple of slants that Danny shows here are not exactly his entire collection, i guess we need to add a couple of pics...

Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2