Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SMF Heer Dagger

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently picked up this Dagger and would love to get some opinions on it. Heard these were limited production because they weren't selling well. I only have 1 other Tiger A

?

Default SMF Heer Dagger

Hello everyone, I recently picked up this Dagger and would love to get some opinions on it. Heard these were limited production because they weren't selling well. I only have 1 other Tiger Army and it is heavier then the SMF. Thanks again.SMF Heer DaggerSMF Heer DaggerSMF Heer DaggerSMF Heer DaggerSMF Heer DaggerSMF Heer DaggerSMF Heer DaggerSMF Heer Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SMF Heer Dagger
    P
    Many

?

There is 2 flat throat screws on the scabbard. the other pic didn't go threw.

?

That's a fine piece! Textbook SMF all the way and in great condition. These early army daggers are getting hard to find so congratulations!

Regards
    Danny

?

I picked up a bunch off these cases at Winners here in Canada. They are great and seem to hold the dagger nicely. They are 15in by 15 in. and 2 inches deep. I think they are great for displaying. Thanks.
    SMF Heer Dagger
    SMF Heer Dagger

Nice pick up Philly these early Slants and Producer rarity are a great combination and highly collectable among the Heer community.

You have received a great from Danny ...doesnt get any better than that ,..next to Gerrit and Heers68.

The display case is nice also.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

These early production Slants are getting harder to find these days, so you did well purchasing this one!
    This is a great SMF example, as Danny stated already.
    These SMF armies can be found with different kinds of metal, from lightweight, heavy brass to the hard to found "Ironhead" ones, with its iron crossguard.
    I posted one a while back
    Slant Heer dagger by SMF so called -Eisenkopf-Ironhead-

The silvering comes off easily on these SMF's, and some consider its crossguard as the ugliest one of the earlier types, i think the early Wingen deserves the credits
    I dont agree on that opinion and think SMF made a lovely dagger.
    SMF only produced these Slants, and they never produced mid or later types, it seems they only had 1 contract and after that one they focused on other branches like Luftwaffe.

Congratz on this beauty!

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 09-15-2016 at 07:49 AM.

Nice piece indeed. My knowledgeable colleagues have said it all! The lightest slant you will ever hold in its light-metal fittings and look out if you disassemble, SMF liked to use pieces of paper to shim their guards tight! Don't loose it if its still there! Best, Kevin.