Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SOS original dagger heer?

Article about: Dear: I want to know if the dagger is original? Thanks and regards.

?

Larry I understand your point on the change in grip color. but I found this other thread on a different dagger that has the same photo effect on the grip color. it is an odd thing. I have taken pictures of dagger logos that have no burnishing black in them, but will show up a beautiful black just the same. and at a different angle no black at all. its just lighting I think.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...ckhorn-336014/ link to other dagger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SOS original dagger heer?   SOS original dagger heer?  

Last edited by Andrew; 10-03-2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: forgot to ad a link

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SOS original dagger heer?
    P
    Many

It will be interesting to see the new pics. Perhaps the seller
    has two Heer daggers ! Hope you can get it for
    a good price Reynaldo.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Reynaldo what happend to your promise that you would meet the seller and post better pics after the meet?
    Havent heard from you since, althou you state on the 15th sept. you would meet him the day after.
    It would only be fair that you do your part for everyone here that takes the time and effort to help you.

Ger

*sound of crickets chirping*

SOS original dagger heer?SOS original dagger heer?SOS original dagger heer?SOS original dagger heer?SOS original dagger heer?SOS original dagger heer?SOS original dagger heer?SOS original dagger heer?SOS original dagger heer?
    SOS original dagger heer?
    Hi, sorry for the time, but the seller does not live in my town and negotiation took a good while. Finally bought the dagger. These are some pictures, anyone can tell me that period was the dagger or some feature of it? Thanks and regards.

?

This is a very rare early army dagger, almost certainly dating to 1935. The cross-guard is extremely scarce and has been observed on Plumacher, Wusthof and Voos early slant grip army daggers. The cross-guard style itself is similar in looks and detail to the Holler or ACS 1st and may be loosely based on one of those base patterns but with enough differences to be classed as unique or modified by Plumacher ( guesswork on my behalf ). It is such a scarce guard that it currently is not shown on my website but will be making an appearance soon after several other daggers bearing the same crossguard have surfaced giving me the chance to study several identical daggers.
    A great purchase, by a rare maker and with a rare configuration of parts. What is not to like, congratulations.

Attached is a picture of the same crossguard on an exceptional early army dagger by Plumacher.

Wusthof also used another very rare crossguard pattern, which is the very last one shown on my crossguard reference page on their early army daggers.

Degens Thanks for your response and the information provided. What is the address of your website? Thanks and regards.

Reynaldo,
    Congratulations on aquiring a lovely early slant grip Wusthof Army dress dagger!
    It looks to be in fine condition, possibly cleaned.
    Here is a thread that contains the information that you seek about Degen's web site.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...ecting-245946/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Well as i stated i would have bought it in a sec!

Realy love this beauty, great early crossguard and i love these early Slant grips!
    they are the best

Congratz,
    Ger

Thanks for your opinions, they are all very kind. The buy thanks to their opinions, as it is my first dagger. I also bought three at the same collector. Thanks to the forum for your help, there are quite valuable. Thanks and regards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast