Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on Heer Dagger

Article about: Hello all, I enjoy collecting Heer, Canadian and United States groupings but I enjoy buying single pieces every so often. What is your thoughts on this heer dagger. The dagger is listed on E

Default Thoughts on Heer Dagger

Hello all, I enjoy collecting Heer, Canadian and United States groupings but I enjoy buying single pieces every so often. What is your thoughts on this heer dagger. The dagger is listed on Emedals for USD $590. I do not collect daggers but thought it would follow up nicely with my heer pieces. I live very very close to Emedals but I haven't had the time to run down and check the dagger out. I was planning on buying it (I know its in ruff shape) but offering a lower price. What is fellow war relic members thoughts? Thanks RockettThoughts on Heer DaggerThoughts on Heer DaggerThoughts on Heer DaggerThoughts on Heer DaggerThoughts on Heer DaggerThoughts on Heer DaggerThoughts on Heer DaggerThoughts on Heer Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on Heer Dagger
    P
    Many

In this condition, and with the economy right now, a little on the high end in my opinion.
    You can find quite a few for sale currently.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I would hold off on this one IMO, blade condition matters most when it comes to daggers and for that price you can get something alot nicer as far as blades go, eickhorn is one of my favorite makers but im afraid that squirrel is a roach!!!

I Agree with all of the above. It is a common Eickhorn and in quite low grade condition. It even has rust on both the dagger and the sheath. Definitely much too much at $590.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I would agree with the guys: save your cash and buy a nicer one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

that blade was a lot rustier than it is now, you can see the bad attempts to clean it by the multiple scratches on the surface

Go to lakesidetrader.com paul is in canada also and is a great dealer, he has many heer daggers to choose from on his site and alot of them are in your price range or cheaper with really nice blades, even an eickhorn! you can thank me later lol

Great thanks for the input ill pass on this dagger, maybe Paul will be at the next Toronto military show I could always get one then.

Hi, nice dagger, but pommel is not Eickhorn piece! It is generic "A" type. I believe that Eickhorn use generic "A" crossguards for very short time, because he ran out of its own crossguards, but despite this fact he still use its own pommels... And also sold some of its own parts to other producers for example some scabbards and pommels (not crossguards). In my opinion Eckhorn has a lot of pommels and it was not necessary to buy them from others producers - and someone added pommel after the war... But if I look closely dagger is from late period and all fittings has same patina and maybe there is the chance that this dagger were produce with this generic "A" pommel.... i just want to say, that it is interesting dagger - certainly not textbook Eickhorn, but small mystery for me....

Just my opinion!

I also add picture of typical Eickhorn pommel

Regards Peter

P.S: 300 USD ? I purchase each dagger in similar condition for that price and I´m from poor Slovakia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on Heer Dagger