Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Article about: These slants Ivory grips are the holy grail for the Slant collectors, i have never seen one before, although i know i european collector who ownes one. Im very happy you shared this one with

These fittings are so unique and RARE Tom! Very hard to find by any maker. Scabbard looks to be very nicely detailed too and the type usually seen with other early Wingens with Pack first fittings.. Condition is very pleasing overall. I have to find one!! Congrats my friend.. Kevin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    P
    Many

Wow Tom, you find the nicest daggers! That's a real beauty to my eye.

?

Hi Tom congratz on that Anton Wingen.
    Im glad to see this one turn up in your collection, but i most say i was quite disappointed that Gregg passed me and granted it to you.
    I mailed him for a price at least 4 times, because he listed it without it, and he mailed me that he didnt made his mind up and that he would give me a price in a day or two.
    Then suddenly there was a price and the dagger was gone, thats no way doing business.

Your a Lucky man!

Ger

Ger

I just realized I forgot to snap the dagger with the hangers it came with the seller says they are original to the dagger and the dagger & hangers were part of a 42 dagger/blade vet hoard he purchased.
    Kevin - Thank you - I agree it has those thick beveled scabbard bands you see on the early Wingens.
    Scott - Thanks my friend
    Gerr - I have never done business with the seller and don’t know him. I popped into his site at the right time and got lucky.

Here’s a couple pics with the hangers. Interesting correlation between this guard and the early pack guards in particular the Pack Type-1. Most of the other makers you see this guard on also used Pack crossguards early in production wouldn’t be surprised to see this crossguard mated to an early Pack but until then ill call it an early Generic.

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Hi Tom congratz on that Anton Wingen.
    Im glad to see this one turn up in your collection, but i most say i was quite disappointed that Gregg passed me and granted it to you.
    I mailed him for a price at least 4 times, because he listed it without it, and he mailed me that he didnt made his mind up and that he would give me a price in a day or two.
    Then suddenly there was a price and the dagger was gone, thats no way doing business.

Your a Lucky man!

Ger

Ger
    That must of been that missing piece of front step I took..and gave it to Tom in trade for a 6 pack of beer

@ Tom..A striking example which I noticed the pommel first in its design. We always see these generic crossguards..and as collectors..we must remember that alot of these guards and fittings were sub contracted out to producers unknown. These small intricasies are identifiable only to the collector..although appearing standard generic.

I see these same small attributes on the political daggers..right down to the accent grooving. Beautiful dagger and photos. Your find is the "prize" of the hunt. I will send Gerrit a cup of cement to fix that part of the step where the dagger package slid off. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Beautiful dagger Tom,congrats

?

And you got the quality Horseshoe hangers to boot. Congrats Tom.

Thanks Guys look forward to seeing you-all at the Max Show!

Hey Tom

Yes hope to see you at the show again, Hope to find some of those rare armies { I have one I will be picking up there} also you can point me in the right direction again as usual . I have been out of the scene for a bit, I have been busy with my other passion racing. But its Max time and the fever begins, Stop buy the table same spot as last year and show me your goodies.
    Once again nice post your contribution is a great asset to this forum.

Best

Mario

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast