Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Article about: These slants Ivory grips are the holy grail for the Slant collectors, i have never seen one before, although i know i european collector who ownes one. Im very happy you shared this one with

OK Heer lovers.... BEHOLD!! This is a stunningly RARE Heer!! This very well may be the only Ivory gripped ALUMINUM fitted Eickhorn in the WORLD!!! Fascinating piece Tom, with an amazingly well preserved grip! Look at those bands on that aluminum scabbard..very much like the initial production bands, but not quite! Molded just for these rare pieces! Super looking type 1 Eick eagle with a well defined eye.. Just history in the making! Who knew this combination of fittings even existed..Stellar Heer Tom! Congrats! Kevin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    P
    Many

?

I agree with Kevin. This configuration with the Ivory grip, type 1 crossguard and aluminum fittings probably is one of a kind. Congratulations on adding this beauty to your collection Tom!

Danny

Hello Tom

Love the toning on the Ivory grip, Another great find indeed, Thanks for sharing.

Mario

Thanks allot guys I was very pleased with this one. As a good friend says something always pops up right before a big show Murphy’s Law if you will but no way could I pass on this one. The seller was a non Military collector he acquired the dagger 25 years ago but had no recollection of the details on how he acquired it. Mario See you in Louisville in 16 days

?

Tom that is a fantastic find!
    Never seen an Ivory grip toned this way, its overal appearance is a beautiful soft tone yellow!
    This aluminium config is one most collectors will not come accross in a lifetime, congratz on this one.
    Thanks for pointing out the details of this dagger in a mail, appreciated!

Congratz!!

Ger

Tom look forward in meeting up again ! I am counting down for the SOS too If you can should bring that beauty to the show and maybe I can pry it from your hands

Cheers

Mario

Thanks guys – Really a special dagger these aluminum Eickhorns were only discovered recently to my knowledge by advanced collector Wolf-Knifes I believe he has 2 examples. Mario This baby will stay in Texas as I don’t feel like dragging it through the airport to the show but I hope we can have a nice show & tell one evening with all our show finds.

Quote by heers68 View Post
    OK Heer lovers.... BEHOLD!! This is a stunningly RARE Heer!! This very well may be the only Ivory gripped ALUMINUM fitted Eickhorn in the WORLD!!! Fascinating piece Tom, with an amazingly well preserved grip! Look at those bands on that aluminum scabbard..very much like the initial production bands, but not quite! Molded just for these rare pieces! Super looking type 1 Eick eagle with a well defined eye.. Just history in the making! Who knew this combination of fittings even existed..Stellar Heer Tom! Congrats! Kevin.
    Kevin thank you my friend I would say these would be a key piece for an army type collection its quite refreshing knowing the stuff is still out there waiting to be discovered the hunt continues……I am on the look out for the next new crossguard variation

Here’s a few of my most recent pickups both By Klaas. The first piece is fitted with a LG-B (Late Generic-B) crossguard - Klaas used at least 6 different crossguards during the period only two of them produced in house. The grip is a very pleasing variation/type that you rarely see and the blade is a polished cross-grained type. Scabbard bands exhibit the Klaas asterisks. When I first saw this dagger I was excited when I found Dr. Löhr in my 1939 rank list no doubt my guy as very few officers with the last name Löhr and only one doctor. Dr. Löhr was listed in 39 as an officer at the Armed Forces Welfare and Pension Office in Nurnberg. I bought the dagger and after some professional research I now have a large file on Oberstleutnant Dr. Löhr the high ranking officer lead an interesting career - Noted below are some interesting highlights from later in his career with a ruff English Translation.

1939-1943-Wehrmachtsfursorge- und Versorgungsamt Nurnberg & Berlin-Sud
    Armed Forces Welfare and Pension Office in Nurnberg & Berlin

1943-Lehrgang im Kriegsgefangenenwesen in Wien
    Instructor in Prisoner of war engineering in Vienna

1943-Zur Einweisung zum Stalag III C kommandiert
    Kommandiert - Hospital at Stalag III-C

1944-Als Stellv.Kommandant zum Stalag III D kommandiert ab
    Reassigned deputy commander to Stalag III D

1944-Stellv.Kommandant beim M.- Stammlager III A
    Deputy commander Stammlager III-A

Default Dr. Löhr

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast